INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding a sharpen filter  (Read 7495 times)

Boltron

• Junior Woodchuck
Adding a sharpen filter
« on: September 16, 2013, 06:34:29 am »

I am setup to use LAV and madVR (HQ) and would like to try a sharpen filter, specifically the Lumasharpen pixel shader (http://dropcanvas.com/l46x9). I have tried this in MCP-BE and I like the effect.

My question then is how best to accomplish this in JRiver. I was thinking adding FFDshow Raw Filter but I don’t see a way to include Lumasharpen to the list of sharpen options. Of course I want to include the minimum possible to the video chain so not to degrade quality.

Is FFDshow the best method to do this?
If so how can I add a new pixel shader to it?

Thanks.
For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert.

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Adding a sharpen filter
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 11:11:10 am »

I am interested in the answer to this.  I often use madvr/softcubic for playing very low quality video captures, where a sharper uprez algorythm will simply accentuate interlace artifacts.  However, once playing with softcubic, I would like to apply a sharpen that wouldn't simply undo the softness and bring back the interlace artifacts.

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 04:39:48 pm »

I'm not sure this the answer you are looking for but I have not found any way to add pixel shader sharpeners to ffdshow raw post processing.
However I have had good results using ffdshow with Avisynth and using Didee's LimitFasterSharpen for low resolution sharpening and his FineSharp for 720p material (the effect with 720p is particularly good upscaling to full HD). http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/FineSharp
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

Boltron

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 07:59:24 pm »

Thanks for sharing, I will give it a try.
For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert.
Pages: [1]   Go Up