INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 19 Command Lines - Help for a beginner?  (Read 2872 times)

LetsGetSilly

• Recent member
MC 19 Command Lines - Help for a beginner?
« on: September 16, 2013, 05:29:48 pm »

I'm currently attempting to create a Windows 7 script (.bat or powershell) to launch Media Center 19 using the following steps:

1) Run auto-library-import
2) Open up Media Center in theater view
3) **nice top have** open with "video" selection and/or latest additions to TV or movies

Here's what I have tried so far using the MC19.exe located in "C:\Windows\System32\"
MC19.exe /MCC 23020,1
MC19.exe /MODE Theater
MC19.exe /MCC 22001,5
MC19.exe 22001,5

So far I've been unable to make Media Center do anything other than open in the default view. This isn't my first script, so I assume I'm doing something very basic wrong here.

Can someone please post me the command line code using MC19.exe that should perform one of these tasks correctly? Thanks in advance for any help!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 19 Command Lines - Help for a beginner?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 06:14:20 pm »

In MC's Startup options, you can set it to open where you want (Theater View in this case).

MC automatically imports new files if they are in folders that are being watched.  See Tools/Import/Auto import.  Edit any folder to change settings.

Any command after the EXE that has spaces must be entirely in quotes.

Maybe you could explain what you want.  There may be other ways to do it.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 06:21:00 pm »

MCC commands generally control an already running MC.  So you'll want to launch MC first.

You can use some Command Line options to launch MC.

Also, don't fire the commands too rapidly, as MC can't consume them as quickly as you can fire them, so in some cases, brief delays are required.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

LetsGetSilly

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 10:18:18 pm »

Thanks for the replies.

My initial post enumerated the things I was trying to accomplish. I'm not sure how to be more clear, but I'll try to be here.

First, I'd like to open MC to Videos (and skip Audio all together - I don't use it) or to the last place I was. I used the suggestion to go into the startup options (how had I not seen that before?!) to adjust this setting, so that's pretty good.

The second thing I'd like to do is automatically fire an auto-import for my default library before MC is launched. I host my media on Windows Home Server on a network shared folder, and MC often does not catch new files, or it does so late. So for example, last night I had episode 2 of Boardwalk Empire that was not recognized by MC, I had to run an auto import. I'd like this to be done each time.

Lastly, the other issue I'm trying to script away has to do with when MC is playing a video and I turn off the television. What happens is that the sound will no longer operate when I turn the TV back on, despite the video being paused in the last place I left it. The solution is to restart MC and load up the video again. Ideally, I'd be able to create a script that shuts down, relaunches, and resumes the previous spot I was playing in.

If you need additional elaboration on what I'm trying to accomplish, please let me know. And thanks so far for the tips!

LetsGetSilly

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 09:45:31 am »

In MC's Startup options, you can set it to open where you want (Theater View in this case).

This works - thanks!

MC automatically imports new files if they are in folders that are being watched.  See Tools/Import/Auto import.  Edit any folder to change settings.
This does not work, or rather it works intermittently. If I add a new show to the shared network folder while MC is open, or even when it's not open, it will generally not be picked up and available in Theater view, where I want it. Presumably the auto-import runs on a schedule. I'm really tired of having a show downloaded that I want to watch and then needing to manually run the Auto Import for it to become available in theater view. I want a script that will run this process automatically. Ideally, I want a script that I can set as a keyboard shortcut so that when I'm in theater view, the auto import updates the content available.

Any command after the EXE that has spaces must be entirely in quotes.

Got it - thanks. I don't think I've attempted any commands that contain spaces at this point. You can see my original post, the parameters are continuous.

Maybe you could explain what you want.  There may be other ways to do it.

I've created a list of things in my first post, elaborated on what I want in another post, and I've tried to clarify here what I'm talking about. Please let me know if you need more information.
Pages: [1]   Go Up