INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accidentally wipe out Playing Now?  (Read 974 times)

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
Accidentally wipe out Playing Now?
« on: March 13, 2002, 09:25:24 am »

I find that I often spend a fair amount of time choosing tracks to put in Playing Now, only to *accidentally* delete them by clicking 'Play' on a track.

Does this happen to anyone else?

How can I avoid this?  Can we make it so that a warning dialog shows if you're about to do something that would wipe out a Playing Now list?  Perhaps an undo or go-back for Playing Now?

Michael Horton

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Accidentally wipe out Playing Now?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2002, 09:30:43 am »

after about the second time that I did that, I started hightlighting all the files in playing now, right-clicking on them and making  a quick little playlist. that way, should I make the same mistake, I can just quickly return to the playlist. then I delete the playlist when it has served its purpose.

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2002, 09:33:55 am »

And I do that too, but I often go through my library picking one or two songs at a time to add to Playing Now, and it's very inconvenient to have to go back to Playing Now, make a playlist, find my place in the library again, etc.

Michael Horton

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2002, 09:37:25 am »

sounds like a reasonable request. Did you add  it to the wish list? I'd vote "yes" for it. Other programs, such as Thumbs|PLS| or ACDSee, have a setting under options where you can switch a variety of warning messages on/off.

Callithumpian

• Galactic Citizen
  • Subvert the Dominant Paradigm
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2002, 02:33:04 am »

Have a look at changing your double-click behaviour under Settings, General.
If you set it to one of the "Add to Playing Now" options, you will never wipe out your carefully selected "Current List" again.

SeanC

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2002, 04:37:54 am »

If you select Play on a file, it still wipes out the Playing Now list, though.  I wish Play would just add the file to the end of the Playing Now list, like 'Add to playing now' does.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2002, 04:40:10 am »

If you select Play on a file, it still wipes out the Playing Now list, though. I wish Play would just add the file to the end of the Playing Now list, like 'Add to playing now' does.

But you can set which of the two double-click does, and on the right-click menu, "Play" and "Add" are always next to each other so you can choose...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Michael Horton

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2002, 05:19:12 am »

right, I forgot about that. In v8 I have it set that way. The playlist comment above was from v7.
Pages: [1]   Go Up