INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Incorrect cover art showing  (Read 1088 times)

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
Incorrect cover art showing
« on: September 19, 2013, 10:24:44 pm »

Years ago, I posted this problem: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=66932.msg448893#msg448893, where several of my albums incorrectly use the cover art of another album.

This has continued to happens with every version of MC since, including 19. Every time I upgrade, it arbitrarily finds a new album to use for the bad placeholder image. I always thought this was a problem with MC because Windows Media Player does not have this problem.

Well, it turns out it's not exclusive to MC. This summer I loaded up MediaPortal and observed the exact same problem. So, I thought maybe my files were corrupt (they play fine). But, some of the files with this problem are WMVs and some are MP3s, so I don't even know how different formats could have the same weird problem (if it were a file problem) and I don't know how two totally different applications could have the same weird problem (if it's not a file problem).

Any ideas as to what might cause this? Thanks.

whatsup

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Incorrect cover art showing
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 10:43:00 pm »

I don't have an answer to your question but.

cover art is very important to me. It is what led me to JRiver. and then I discovered the sound quality of JRiver.  WMP used to do a fine job with cover art until one of the updates for it in XP. It destroyed all my hard work finding and replacing cover art. W7 is no better as far as WMP or their version of a MC and cover art.
I have noticed that if it gets the wrong cover art it's usually a missed tagged file. And it only takes one.

I have learned to uncheck get cover art automatic on import and prefer to get my own but I will say the few times I have used "get from internet" with JRiver I was quite surpised at the quality of the file.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Incorrect cover art showing
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 07:45:30 am »

Look at the image files that are stored with the tracks.  MC will use them as cover art for the album if there is no other cover art present.

There is a cover art topic on the wiki.
Pages: [1]   Go Up