INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capturing video from HDMI input of Collosus in MC?  (Read 1012 times)

guido310

• Recent member
Capturing video from HDMI input of Collosus in MC?
« on: September 19, 2013, 03:51:53 am »

Regarding HDMI vs. component, ask your provider - DirecTV, whether their HDMI output is encrypted.  If not, you can probably use it with Hauppauge Colossus (ask Hauppauge about this too).

If DirecTV tells you that HDMI output can not be freely captured, then you have to use component.  Ask DirecTV whether their component output is HD or SD.  The recording will be done digitally, either in J River's jtv format, or MPEG-2 transportation stream.

I use Hauppauge HD PVR, and know Colossus will work too.  I have no direct experience with other devices, but there should some out there.

IR blaster is what is supported.  Other method might work too.  I hope some people who have used them can help you out here.

Ceton will not need additional capture device.  It itself is a capture device.

Hi, i would like to acquire video from videocamera that has not encripted HDMI, i have a blackmagic design decklink studio 3d with hdmi inputs, but jriver sees it only as an analog device and i cannot use hdmi input

If i understand well with colossus i will be able to capture 1080i from HDMI to jriver...is it true??
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up