INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Cover Art Different from Songs Cover Art - Sampler  (Read 2608 times)

Airfla

• Junior Woodchuck
Album Cover Art Different from Songs Cover Art - Sampler
« on: September 21, 2013, 12:17:24 am »

I have an HD Sampler album which has cover art for each song (file) taken from the album it came from. The Sampler album itself has its own cover art. However, I can't get the album cover art to be different from the cover art for the first file or song. I know it's a minor issue, but if it's possible to achieve what I want, I would be interested in learning how to do it.

whatsup

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Album Cover Art Different from Songs Cover Art - Sampler
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 03:46:07 am »

do you have the cover art for each song? what type of files are they?

this may or may not be achievable in JR. I use a third party tagger to achieve this.

Airfla

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 03:47:05 pm »

The cover art for each song is in .jpg format, as is the album cover art. I haven't kept all of the individual cover art files but I can easily get them again. What third party tagger do you use?

whatsup

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 04:40:17 pm »

crisnee

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 02:06:06 am »

I think you might unknowingly have separate cover art for separate tracks. When a whole album of tracks is listed only one cover art shows, that of the first file of the album. However, when you play other tracks their cover art it will show at that time.

If you don't have separate cover art set up for your album, you can do so by copying the art to each track individually, for instance by using the clip board function.

Airfla

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 03:29:25 am »

crisnee:

We seem to be talking at cross purpose. I know I have cover art for each song or file of the album. What I want to do is also have a different cover art for the album itself. Presently, the album cover art and cover art for the first song or file are one and the same, and I can't seem to get around that.

crisnee

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 04:11:15 pm »

Ok, I get it now.

The problem for doing what you want is that there is no separate "album" entity, at least as far as I can tell. Perhaps you could setup a workaround for those albums where it really matters to you.

For instance you could set up a null file of sorts as your first file of the album, give it the album name and apply the album cover art to it. You'll have an extra file but you don't have to play it, or if you do it will play a half second of silence or whatever. A bit kludgy, but hey.

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 04:25:32 pm »

For instance you could set up a null file of sorts as your first file of the album, give it the album name and apply the album cover art to it. You'll have an extra file but you don't have to play it, or if you do it will play a half second of silence or whatever. A bit kludgy, but hey.

This is what i do. It works in standard view, but not in theatre view or in JRmote. The album will be marked by MC as "incomplete" if you add an extra track # 0 to the album, and the track count will of course be off by one. I have not notice any adverse effects as regards volume levelling.

Airfla

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 05:16:44 pm »

crisnee and vagskal:

Thanks for the suggestions. Crisnee, you've hit the nail on the head regarding why I haven't been able to do it. However, the suggested cure may be worse than the disease if it affects track numbers and JRemote. I can live with the current situation as, so far, it's a one off.

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 11:24:40 pm »

However, the suggested cure may be worse than the disease if it affects track numbers and JRemote.

Just to be clear, what does not work in JRemote and theatre view is only the album thumbnail display; the thumbnail of the first (#0) track in the album is not shown, so there it will be just like you have it today without the dummy file. And it is only the total count of tracks that will be off by one (13 shown when there are only 12 genuine tracks in the album); track #3 will still be displayed as track #3.

Airfla

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 02:11:47 am »

Vagskal:

Thanks for the clarification. I misunderstood your earlier post.
Pages: [1]   Go Up