INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add convolution/DSP studio to MP3 files for MP3 CD?  (Read 1056 times)

Sly

• Recent member
Add convolution/DSP studio to MP3 files for MP3 CD?
« on: September 23, 2013, 10:45:25 am »

I want to be able to burn a lot of songs that are in MP3 format to an MP3 data CD. I would also like to enable the DSP studio to add convolution and room correction to the MP3s. I know you can do this with audio CDs but I haven't found a way to do this with MP3s without first converting them to CDA format and burning them as an audio CD.

Ultimately I would like to add DSP studio effects to all of my songs so that I can export them to my portable MP3 player. Is there a way to do this?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Add convolution/DSP studio to MP3 files for MP3 CD?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 10:50:06 am »

If the goal is to get files onto a handheld with DSP processing, you might be able to use the handheld engine.

If the goal is to get the files to an MP3 CD, you could still use the handheld engine -- sync to a new virtual device (a folder on disk) and apply DSP, then burn those files to disc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Sly

• Recent member
Re: Add convolution/DSP studio to MP3 files for MP3 CD?
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 02:59:03 am »

Ok it took a noob like me awhile to figure out how to do this but I finally got it to work. I did as you said an created a folder on my desktop. Then I created a playlist with all the songs I wanted to use. With DSP enabled under conversion > handheld, I then synched the playlist with the folder. This imported all of the songs into the folder with convolution added. Then I was able to burn this as a data CD with full DSP.

Thank you. You have created one of the best pieces of software I have ever used. With convolution applied to a CD, I am able to turn a crappy factory car stereo into a truly wonderful sounding, eq corrected, time aligned system with zero hardware upgrades. JRiver is a game changer...
Pages: [1]   Go Up