INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Particles display wrong cover art  (Read 926 times)

CraigNZ

• World Citizen
Particles display wrong cover art
« on: September 23, 2013, 03:13:11 pm »

Today I ripped a DVD to my HDD which contains 4 movies.  In standard view|Video|Files I see a single entry for the DVD.  I then right click on the file item, select stacks and auto to find all 4 movies.  This works perfect, I now have 4 titles appearing below the DVD file line item.  For each particle I now get movie and art cover from IMDB, it finds each one and downloads both the image and information.  But now, when I move the mouse over each of the 4 titles it always shows the last cover art.  If I then redownload the cover art for any of the 4 titles, the other titles will then always display the last one.

Is there some setting I am missing that is causing this problem?

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Particles display wrong cover art
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 06:09:06 pm »

Hi Craig,

No I don't think you are missing anything, there are a few niggly issues with particles and from memory this is one I've seen before too.

I'm not 100% sure if each particle can have it's own cover art or if they all get the same, I think we probably need clarification on this from Matt.

Richard

Oh and go ETNZ, hurry up and get that cup!!!   I'm assuming the NZ means you're a kiwi :)

CraigNZ

• World Citizen
Re: Particles display wrong cover art
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 10:34:02 pm »

Yep, am hanging on the edge hoping NZ can bring the cup back here .. but an amazing come back by the Oracle team.

Thanks for the update .. I really like the Particle feature, works very well .. except for the cover art.  Was beginning to think I was doing something wrong.

I will go ahead then and continue to make more particles and hope that one day we can get the cover art feature fixed.  I was in the states recently and purchased "100 SCI-FI Classics" and "100 Horror Classics" box sets which I am now loading on to my system.  About 72 discs to load and each with 2 or more particles.  So my fear after loading a few of these and finding out there was a problem.  Sure hope I don't have to reload the whole set .. takes several days.

I have used the Comment tag to set them to SCI-FI classics or Horror Classics, then in Theater View I set up two new items under Video: SCI-FI Classics and Horror Classics.  If I go to Movies I don't see these movies because I added a rule to display only if comment field was empty (default).  Now in the other two I see only those movies.  A really great feature of MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up