INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Analyze audio files when I restore my library? (for upgrate to mc19)  (Read 3171 times)

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen

Hi,

I restored my library with a backup file for upgrate to MC19. When I import media files for the first time, mc analyze ALL audio files! those audio files already analyzed. MC why re-scan? I have many audio files and it is a very slow process. Is it possible avoid this?

thank you!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Analyze audio files when I restore my library? (for upgrate to mc19)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 09:11:43 am »

It's optional in Auto-Import settings.

More on the new audio analysis here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=82025.0
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 09:17:54 am »

I know that is optional. But the problem is that I want audio analysis ALWAYS.

So If I un-check the analysis option, when I add new audio files I will need check it another time. So when I check it I will have the same problem that now: all audio files need be scaned for analysis. I have 75.000 audio files. This is very very slow for me  :P

the topic is that all my audio files already analysed and I must do an new analysis for update the program.

any solution for this?
thank you

Vocalpoint

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 12:13:35 pm »

the topic is that all my audio files already analysed and I must do an new analysis for update the program.

You did not mention whether the "backup" was from v19 or v18 or if it contained previous analysis data?

I just installed my first copy of v19 - with v18 still installed and the v19 install simply converted my v18 library to v19 format. I now have two versions installed side by side. But when I opened my new v19 - I did not get any indicator of the library needing to be rescanned.

If you are restoring a v18 backup into v19 - the analysis has changed dramatically - and if your restored backup has none of the analysis data that v19 considers to be "current" - it's going to rescan. Do remember that the "analysis data" is stored in the library itself. Just because your files had analysis done on them at some point in the past - does not mean that MC will look at them and bypass them just because they happen to have some analysis metadata in them.

I believe MC is trying to get your "restored" library current (becuase you have analysis ON during import) and that means re-analyzing the files to get them in there. I could be wrong tho...

VP

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 10:24:13 am »

thanks for your reply. Now I understand.

I update from mc18 to mc19 and the backup containe previous analysis audio data. When I scan my folder of music mc re-analyse all my audio-files. So I assume that the analysis of mc18 and mc19 it's different and therefore It's necessary to re-analize.
Thank you!

Vocalpoint

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 10:34:18 am »

thanks for your reply. Now I understand.

I update from mc18 to mc19 and the backup contain previous analysis audio data. When I scan my folder of music mc re-analyse all my audio-files. So I assume that the analysis of mc18 and mc19 it's different and therefore It's necessary to re-analyze. Thank you!

That's correct. As soon as you hit Scan (and you have Analyze set to On during Auto Import) - MC 19  says "Hey - I need to fill in some data here on ALL these new files - since I have all these new fields to fill (the new R128 stuff) - so it starts cranking it out.

VP

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 10:40:52 am »

aah! there are a new field that it's empty! Now I see it:

Dynamic Range (DR)
Dynamic Range (R128) ==> this is the new.

Pages: [1]   Go Up