INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio sample rate is incorrect  (Read 923 times)

FredR

Audio sample rate is incorrect
« on: September 24, 2013, 10:22:25 am »

I'm a new user of MC 19.  When I initially installed the application, I set the audio options to use WASAPI to access the sound controller on my video card (ASUS Radeon7770) so that I could output high-resolution audio to my HT processor via HDMI.  So far, so good.  In audio options I gave MC "exclusive access" to the sound device, and it properly identified the sample rate of the incoming file, and set the sample rate from 44.1/16 to 192/24 and anything in between.  Exactly as expected (and sounding mighty nice, I might add).

Then I installed the plug-in for an iMon LCD display.  That works properly; however, now the maximum sample rate that JRiver will output is 48/24.  It will dip down to 44.1/16, but not any higher than 48/24.  If I uncheck the "exclusive access" under Audio  Options section, I get an error message when I try to play any file.  Essentially it's telling me that the program cannot translate the incoming bitstream to the system default of 48/24, multichannel - which is the default setting of the video cards' audio device.  The problem here is that the dialog box always identifies the incoming bitstream as 48/24 - even when I know that the file I'm playing is a higher resolution.

I have tried uninstalling the iMon plug-in.  No change. Reinstalling MC19. No change.  Changing the audio output to using the "Standard".  No change.  The only thing I haven't tried yet is to uninstall MC19 and then reinstall it.

Has anyone come across a similar problem?  I'm at a loss as to what to do short of completely uninstalling and reinstalling Media Centre.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Audio sample rate is incorrect
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 02:39:39 pm »

Did you get this figured out?
Pages: [1]   Go Up