INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Satellite" audio from tablet?  (Read 1105 times)

jagdriver

• World Citizen
"Satellite" audio from tablet?
« on: September 25, 2013, 12:18:49 pm »

Thinking out loud....

A bunch of old schoolmates and I are renting a party house starting tomorrow (think: The Big Chill). We've never been in the rental, so know not what we're going to encounter there.

I'll have MC 19 on a laptop, streaming source audio from a NAS. The laptop will then feed digital audio to a Yamaha receiver driving several speakers. All of that setup is for the main listening area.

For one of the remote locations, I know there's an Android app I can run on my tablet. I've never done this, however, so herein lies the question: can I feed the audio signal (relayed from the laptop) from the tablet to another rig (in this case a Bose clock radio with supplemental speakers). If yes, what are the particulars?

I'm assuming I'll need to setup my wireless router between the server and the laptop (its usual location) so that the Android tablet can log into the network and acquire the source signal. Beyond that, what do I need to do to configure MC 19 on the laptop, if anything? Additional thoughts, help, suggestions are all welcome!

Remote27

Re: "Satellite" audio from tablet?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 02:30:58 pm »

For one of the remote locations, I know there's an Android app I can run on my tablet. I've never done this, however, so herein lies the question: can I feed the audio signal (relayed from the laptop) from the tablet to another rig (in this case a Bose clock radio with supplemental speakers). If yes, what are the particulars?
 Well, having the desired signal/program displayed on the tablet, the job of transferring the audio to the Bose clock radio can be completed using the headphone jack on the tablet which is a stereo mini 1/8" jack to two phono RCA jacks into the AUX or CD/TAPE INPUT on the Bose. If you don't have the connector, it can be found at any Radio Shack or Best Buy, etc. Once you have established the connection you may turn the volume to MAX on the Bose and then adjust the volume through the tablet. Hope this is what you meant and was of some help.

jagdriver

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 02:51:28 pm »

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I know how to get an audio source from a tablet to the Bose. That part's easy. What I wanted to verify is that the tablet will actually wirelessly pick up the source audio that's controlled by MC 19 running on the laptop.

Is there anything I need to configure MC 19 on the laptop, such as run a special network (software) stack? That's really the heart my mental wrestling with this idea. If I do need to engage something, what are the specifics?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 03:45:16 pm »

Start at the Media Network topic on our wiki.  Then follow instructions for setting up Gizmo.  Then test.  It should work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up