INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internal Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio decoding  (Read 16727 times)

mainaman

• Recent member
Internal Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio decoding
« on: September 27, 2013, 01:33:28 am »

I am trying to get HD Audio over the analogues to my Yamaha Z9.Until recently i thought that this was possible only with an Asus HDAV 1.3 Deluxe and the TMT player,but found out that people were claiming to manage it just with the MPC-HC and some software tinkering.I tried,but seemingly to no avail and the latest TMT build didn't have any comprehensive audio settings and info.

Then i read about the JRiver MC decoding,placed dtsdecoderll.dll into JRiver's LAV and set the MC up for Blu-Ray playback.I am using the onboard 8 channel Realtek chip on my Formula Z motherboard,running Win 8 64.I was evaluating the JRiver with my Teac UD-501 and i will definitively subscribe(PCM to DSD128 or DXD is great,it plays SACD ISO,has totally comprehensive bass management and many more)

To Blu-Ray-if i use Asio4All i get lower volume than Direct Sound,i could also use WASAPI.The DSP Audio Path shows HD Audio input and output,up to 24 bit,8 channels and 96 khz!But the Stream section shows only up to 5.1 and 1536 kbps for Master Audio.I read that the Stream shows only the header information,not the actual content.Can somebody verify that?

Am i really outputing HD Audio over the analogues,not just the core?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Internal Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio decoding
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 02:24:39 am »

The wiki contains info on how to get DTS-MA working.

In audiopath you can see which audio track is playing and which codec is being used. Even if you have a DTS-MA track selected, if the proper DLL for DTS-MA is not found it only plays the DTS track.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 03:34:51 am »

Am i really outputing HD Audio over the analogues,not just the core?
Yes

The DSP Audio Path shows HD Audio input and output,up to 24 bit,8 channels and 96 khz!  But the Stream section shows only up to 5.1 and 1536 kbps for Master Audio.  I read that the Stream shows only the header information, not the actual content.  Can somebody verify that?
Correct

The DSP is showing what is actually happening.  The info in the Library is from the header and is wrong.  One day JR will no doubt fix this but our listening pleasure is all good!
JRiver CEO Elect

mainaman

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 04:09:18 am »

Thanks,guys.

I haven't watched a movie yet,so i can't share any impressions yet.I hope that the analogue output of the integrated chip does a good job as well.I will also evaluate the picture as i have seen the odd Blu-Ray on MPC-HC and that was so-so.My last player was  Denon 3800 BDCI and it sounded awesome with Blu-Ray,so let's see how the software decoding sounds out of the mobo...

mainaman

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 07:38:51 pm »

It does sounds lossless to me,but the onboard audio is unsurprisingly a bit suspect.And i ran into a problem with the bass management in JRiver.If i boost the LFE by 10 decibels,the other channels seem to drop by the same margin!No boost,no drop.The same with the center channel.Am i overloading the hardware?

mainaman

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 07:12:11 am »

Using volume ad-ons in the paramteric equilizer solved the issue with the room correction volume.I can use gain now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up