INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a way to send different playlists to different zones simultaneously?  (Read 1459 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day

I have listed my house for sale, and I want to play different playlists in all the zones at a reasonable volume while the house is being shown.  I don't want to have to send each playlist to each zone, then change the volume for each one before leaving the house every time.  Is there any way to automate this process?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.
pretend this is something funny

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Is there a way to send playlists to several zones simultaneously?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 10:41:47 am »

I have listed my house for sale, and I want to play different playlists in all the zones at a reasonable volume while the house is being shown.  I don't want to have to send each playlist to each zone, then change the volume for each one before leaving the house every time.  Is there any way to automate this process?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Have you tried zonelink? It sounds like it would do what you need.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 12:33:27 pm »

no, but to be clear, I want different music playing on all zones, to demonstrate the ability to have different things playing simultaneously.  I don't want every zone playing the same thing, so linking zones won't help in this case.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 01:33:48 pm »

no, but to be clear, I want different music playing on all zones, to demonstrate the ability to have different things playing simultaneously.  I don't want every zone playing the same thing, so linking zones won't help in this case.

Sorry, I misread your topic title and OP.  You might experiment with the command line options.  They can be used to start playback in various zones, and I think they can be used to add a playlist to a zone.  You could potentially rig up a batch file that would send all the playlists to various zones.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands#Specifying_Zones

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 01:44:07 pm »

cool, I'll look into that.

We just had our first showing, and they are supposedly going to submit an offer, so maybe it's not going to be necessary after all :)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team

Congrats on the sale.
One way to ease the pain of this might be to split the views: Use Overview on one side and your playlists on the other. Then just drag, drop and forget.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team

Congrats on the potential sale.
One way to ease the pain of this might be to split the views: Use Overview on one side and your playlists on the other. Then just drag, drop and forget.

Thank you.

That is actually how I was 'testing' doing this, and it was fine, but I was thinking about how to do it while in a hurry (like when the agent showed up early), but it seems that's not going to be necessary after all.

They submitted an over asking price offer, and I spent all night signing and moving paperwork back and forth, and we're officially under contract now  ;D

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team

I edited my post in light of this new info. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up