INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: need help with expression and import apply these tags (optional)  (Read 2999 times)

SRIGGA

• Recent member
need help with expression and import apply these tags (optional)
« on: September 28, 2013, 08:35:47 am »

hi,for the last 3 days i been trying to make a expression, but it's too confusing to me. so i came here to ask if someone can help me. i download lots of adult movies and videos... here is what i want, i already made a new library view call adultery under video on JRiver Media Center. and i also have add a new field call adultery. what i need is when i download a adult movie,i want it to go to the adult section automatically, EX: like for tv shows and movies..i have all the movies, music, tv shows' adult on a diffrent folder, and i have them all put to auto import for each folder, like the tv shows Tag media sub type: tv show, for adult i have added the  the Tag media sub type: [adultry] but the problem is when I'm finish downloading a adult movie it doesn't show up on the adult section like the tv shows does or like the movies does. how can i change this? I'm i doing something wrong? please help me to to put import my adult movies like tv shows and movies. it Will be a big help

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: need help with expression and import apply these tags (optional)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 12:57:23 pm »

Does your wife know about this post?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

MrC

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 01:09:31 pm »

Media Sub Type has a fixed, immutable set of values.  You can't define your own, so you'll have to use another means.

What you can do is simply use the Filename (Path) field, testing for your *adult* folder name, and use that alone to place items in a Theater View section.

Configure your Set rules for file display (for you adult section in Theater View) to test:

Filename (path) contains __ADULTERY__

and your adult titles will now appear here.  You may want to configure other Theater View sections to exclude these (using "does not contain").

SRIGGA

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 02:26:11 pm »

hahaha' if my wife knows about this post? loll ;D I'm not married bro, anyways... i understand what you saying.thank you very much for the Info and for the quick reply.  i think it's much better tagging all the Adult files after complete downloading. if i tag them all at once then all the files appear on adult section as well.  :) but i thought there is a way to auto import like tv show does. i guess not, thanks again bro, I'll look around the forum and try to get more knowledge ;).

MrC

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 02:38:59 pm »

You can tag the files, but just not use Media Sub Type with any random word.  Media Sub Type does have "Adult", and you can use auto-import auto-tagging based on your filename (path) to set that sub type.  Setup an auto-import rule:

Media Sub Type: ifelse(isequal([filename (path)], __ADULT, 7), Adult)

ps. "adultery" means relations between a married person and someone other than their spouse.

SRIGGA

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 03:22:06 pm »

what do you mean by setup a auto import rule? can you look at the pic i just post and please tell me if that what you meant by setting up a auto import rule :)

MrC

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 03:29:11 pm »

That looks correct.  Test it by adding a new file to your adult directory and see if it gets the Adult media sub type tag.

SRIGGA

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 03:47:53 pm »

omgg, Your The Best Man, now it's working just like tv shows and movies,everytime I'm finish downloading a adult movie,then JRiver now Automatically send to Adultery folder On MC,Thank you Sooo Sooo Soo much, i really i really appreciate you taking time to help me like this, i love you man, auto importing seems to work now. i just need one more thing to ask you, on some adult folders i download have 2 or 3 videos inside the adult movie folder, it is from the name movie, can you tell me to how to group those kind of files,so that if it's from a 1 movie i want all the files inside to be in one folder on MC :)

MrC

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 03:50:07 pm »

You're welcome.

So, the set of movies all have the same, or similar names, and you want these to be grouped, so that you drill down into the "folder"?

SRIGGA

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 04:04:23 pm »

I Want it to be like a tv series, look at the pic i post please,folders like that i want them to be in one folder on MC so that i will be able to see all the files inside in one folder :) hope u understand me, what i mean

MrC

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 04:11:50 pm »

So let's use your folder name then as basis for grouping your collections.

Add a library view category under your Adult section in Theater View, and select Type: Expression, and use the expression:

filefolder(,0)

SRIGGA

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 04:37:19 pm »

filefolder(,0) cant be right, Caz.. when i add filefolder(,0) nothing is grouped, all it did was some of the files i had on adult folder stop showing, but now i remove the filefolder(,0) again and now i can see all the files i had before ?

MrC

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 05:01:44 pm »

It works here.  See attached image that shows the configuration and some test clips.

SRIGGA

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 05:47:55 pm »

ooh i think i understand what the problem is, i also have just videos files without folder. i see now all those files with out folders gone to the folder name ___ADULTERY___. do you know how to configure MC also to see video files without folder?

MrC

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2013, 06:04:42 pm »

Change your expression from FileFolder(,0) to this:

If(isequal(FileFolder(,1), __ADULT,7), FileFolder(,0), FileName(,0))

You might want to blur your screenshots here, least they offend some less liberal readers on Interact.

SRIGGA

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2013, 06:17:26 pm »

yes I'm sorry about the last 2 pictures, i Will delete them now that you have seen them ;). i did what you said
If(isequal(FileFolder(,1), __Adult,7), FileFolder(,0), FileName(,0))
now all the file that has been grouped before are not in groups anymore ? after changing to If(isequal(FileFolder(,1), __Adult,7), FileFolder(,0), FileName(,0)) all file are lose  once again. meaning all the video file are all over my ___ADULTERY___ section now.

MrC

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2013, 06:23:48 pm »

Sorry, change to the updated expression above.  I used my test folder named "__Adult" rather than your "__ADULTERY__".  I'm using a case-sensitive version of IsEqual(), so the lower vs. upper case matters.

SRIGGA

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2013, 06:52:25 pm »

yes it's all changed now,i can see clearly ;D and the folder name ___ADULTREY___ is gone, and all the files inside came out, Niceee, thank you man for all your time and help, i learned a lot from you today :) RESPECT, One more Thing.. If I Ever Need To Ask Something els Can I Write here my questions Will you answer then? Once again thank you very much for helping me, now i fix what Ive been trying for weeks and weeks. just a few other things to correct them I'm completely done and can start downloading lot more.
 all thank to you :D wel... buddy it's late here, so I'm gonna go sleep now. today I'm going to sleep with a happy mind,hehehe
Will communicate again soon, god bless you and good night. Much Respect For You

MrC

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2013, 06:55:15 pm »

You're welcome.

Start new threads when you have more questions, unless they are directly related to this thread.  I or someone will certainly attempt to answer.

Enjoy your ... films.

javidan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2013, 10:34:58 pm »

Does your wife know about this post?

LOL LOL LOL

Sorry couldn't help myself...

SRIGGA

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2013, 11:40:28 am »

Hey Mr C It's Me Again, Can You Help me To Smaller My ___ADULTERY___ Images? Like In Tv Shows Section, The Images i See On The ___ADULTERY___ It's Like Of Too wide, i would like to have my adultery images just like as the tv shows images.

And One More Thing, By My music I Have Lots Of Albums, i See lots of albums from the same artist in 2 or 3 covers or more. If it's from the same artist i would like to be all those songs and albums in 1 folder if i have 10 albums from the same artist i want them to be in the same folder , i would like to see my albums like Artist  and then the album name, one more time need your help with this :) On the pic you can see what i mean

MrC

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2013, 11:54:12 am »

I've learned long ago that when someone says "i just need one more thing...", there will always be more than one thing...  :)

Hey Mr C It's Me Again, Can You Help me To Smaller My ___ADULTERY___ Images? Like In Tv Shows Section, The Images i See On The ___ADULTERY___ It's Like Of Too wide, i would like to have my adultery images just like as the tv shows images.

I think the aspect ratio of the cover art for Theater View is automatically determined (by Media Sub Type: Series and Movies uses Portrait mode, apparently Adult and other sub types use Landscape mode).  I don't know if there is a way to override this.  There is a Tree & View > Thumbnails > Standard aspect ratios option (set by default), but I don't know if that affects Theater View.

And One More Thing, ...

Confirmed.

...By My music I Have Lots Of Albums, i See lots of albums from the same artist in 2 or 3 covers or more. If it's from the same artist i would like to be all those songs and albums in 1 folder if i have 10 albums from the same artist i want them to be in the same folder , i would like to see my albums like Artist  and then the album name, one more time need your help with this :) On the pic you can see what i mean

For your MMG Presents... albums, please select all tracks, and widen the columns for Artist, Album, Album Artist and Filename so that the full values for all tracks can be seen.  Then take another screenshot that shows the file list.

SRIGGA

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2013, 02:27:47 pm »

I didn't really understood what you said about MGM albums. so i changed the Album Artist(auto) :) now i see my album like the pic... this also okay, Caz.. when i click a artist all their tracks are inside that folder also diffrent albums of the artist as well. all in one folder. this okay too i think :-\. and about the i need one more thing.. your correct when someone say i need one more thing their is more. it's Caz.. the jriver expression language is not that easy task to learn :P I'm glade that guys like you who has more  experience helping others ;) to learn as well.. ;)

MrC

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2013, 05:26:16 pm »

You don't want to change Album Artist (auto).  Set Album Artist to a single value, or clear it.  And clear Album Artist (auto).  It will automatically be calculated.  See:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Album_Artist_and_Album_Artist_%28Auto%29

SRIGGA

• Recent member
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2013, 06:52:34 am »

Yes I Understand, i wil change it to album artist,Thankx bro ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up