INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: REQUEST: Allow "Data" type to have access to [series] field like the rest...  (Read 972 times)

javidan

• Junior Woodchuck

I was trying to add "Data" as one the flags in my library for the field [Series] when I realised it was locked away.
I am trying to tie several of my documents such as txt or pdf to video series or audio series.

I may be able to get away with audio if I were to use [Album] but I would really much prefer to use [Series] to keep consistency in my library management.

Is it possible to allow us to have access to the field [Series] for "Data" as well?

Thanks.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe

i always thought it would be nice when we could edit at least some things on Standard fields..

in this case there is also a way around it. for instance, when you have your documents view in the tree, and you want to tag the series tag from there, go to edit view documents, you see there that the media type is set to data. add Video there. now add the Serie tag to for instance one of the collumns. you can now remove the Video again from the media type and still fill in things in the Serie tag..

hope ist a bit clear...

:)
gab

javidan

• Junior Woodchuck

in this case there is also a way around it. for instance, when you have your documents view in the tree, and you want to tag the series tag from there, go to edit view documents, you see there that the media type is set to data. add Video there. now add the Serie tag to for instance one of the collumns. you can now remove the Video again from the media type and still fill in things in the Serie tag..

OMG, it does work!
I am so glad I can "override" the [Media Type] temporarily so I can still fill these locked up fields.

Gosh, there are other fields such as [Season] and [Episode] which I later realised were also "locked up" too.
I have text documents and PDFs associated with certain episodes of a TV Series for example and not being able to give them the same values for the fields was driving me nuts.

You just helped me with my 2nd problem as well!

Thanks!

(I still hope JRiver allows us to tag any file with standard fields, I'm pretty sure it is not too difficult since it isn't a new feature but something JRiver is already capable of doing...)
Pages: [1]   Go Up