INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver stops playing HiDef movie after about 1 hour  (Read 972 times)

klauss

• Recent member
JRiver stops playing HiDef movie after about 1 hour
« on: September 29, 2013, 12:15:26 pm »

I ripped a few of my BluRays (using DVDFab) into .m2ts files. They play just fine, however, after about 50-60 min the movie I am watching will just stop and MediaCenter will go back to the screen where the movie information is being displayed. Sometime I can click 'watch' and it will continue to play where it left off, sometimes it will crash and I have to start over again. This happens pretty consistently with various movies. I have not observed that with standard definition movies.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver stops playing HiDef movie after about 1 hour
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 05:22:49 pm »

I had the same problem which turned out that MC was filling my small (60GB) SSD drive with its Temp files (which then delete themselves after the movie finishes/closes. Which makes it harder to troubleshoot) until my hard drive was full then the movie would stop. I had to move the "temp files" from the SSD to a second, larger, storage drive on the same computer. I think these temp files is MC way of buffering the movie when its streaming content from Server to client machines.
You can check for this by running Windows Resource Monitor while playing a movie - or probably just keep an eye on the Temp folder while playing a movie. The location of the Temp folder is determined in MC at Tools>Options>File Locations>Program Files -- Temporary.
Pages: [1]   Go Up