INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 18 to 19 Expectations  (Read 3325 times)

bryanttrew

• Recent member
MC 18 to 19 Expectations
« on: September 29, 2013, 04:40:40 pm »

Did JRiver announce that MC18 would be abandoned and superseded by MC19 when MC18 was released?  I think they should have as knowing that 18 would have a such a short life would have impacted my buying decision.  I have significant buyer's remorse now knowing that the product has reached the end of its development cycle!  Early adopters for 18 should get free updates to 19.  I've only had it for about 6 months and logically expected it to have a great deal more life to it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC 18 to 19 Expectations
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 04:41:53 pm »

Thanks for your purchase of MC18.  Your license is good forever, so you can continue to use MC18 forever.

You can read about how JRiver does development and releases here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81987.0

If you have a specific problem with MC18, please post details in a new thread.

Closing this now.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 18 to 19 Expectations
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 05:13:22 pm »

MC18 for Mac was first available in February of this year.  That's 7 months ago.  It was introduced in the middle of our MC18 cycle.  MC19 has been available now for a couple of months on Windows.  We're doing our best to get them in sync.  When they weren't, we couldn't offer MC19's features on the Mac, and Library Server was on a different version, so that playing media from a Windows server to a Mac wouldn't work.  And so on.

I'm sorry if you feel like you didn't get a good deal.  It's not our intention to make anyone unhappy, but sometimes it's beyond our control.
Pages: [1]   Go Up