INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Import logic?  (Read 1018 times)

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Auto Import logic?
« on: September 30, 2013, 05:07:14 am »

I have folder d:\temp\__TVshows. Currently there are 2 video files.
I configure AutoImport (only video files) to this folder and its subfolders. (repair broken links no)

MC starts AutoImport -->> Action windows --> finding info for 122 files -->> updating thumbnails 109945 files...

What is going on here?! I didn't want this to happen.

Arindelle

Re: Auto Import logic?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 12:38:33 pm »

You probably have a lot of options checked in your config of autoimport. Nothing to be concerned about.

You certainly don't need to have rebuild thumbnails checked which is a waste of time everytime you import. Uncheck that option at least

I have only three options checked --

• - the Fix Broken links should be normally set to YES (protect missing drives) -- this will probably help with the extra stuff you are seeing the second time you run it -- the first time it will try to fix and/or analyze the library
  • - Update for external changes;
  • - and write file tags

I don't like to automate too much, personal choice

lepa

• MC Beta Team
Re: Auto Import logic?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 02:37:48 pm »

So I guess the logic then is that check boxes below of configuration window are used to modify all files in the library not just the files to be imported.
UI is kind of misleading there as it states that I'm importing files there and then it actually also does database management in general. IMO "Additional tasks" phrase isn't enough to describe this.
I know now what it does but just by reading UI instructions first time it isn't most clear which files it is going to affect.
Pages: [1]   Go Up