INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License questions  (Read 4861 times)

dgw

• Recent member
License questions
« on: October 02, 2013, 10:41:28 am »

Hello

MediaCenter 18 for Mac sounds better than any other Media Player I have tried on my MacBook Pro and I have tried most of them.
I do understand that media players are very system dependant and what sounds great on one mac might not sound the best on another mac.
Nevertheless I would like to say you have done a really great job ( sound wise ) and many thanks and congratulations for that. An amazing job, in my opinion.

The way you operate licenses, registration and these things, seem to be amazingly convoluted and complex in today's world. So difficult, so time consuming, so frustrating.

I have just bought an early bird license for version 19. Do you think I can find where to download version 19? After one hour, I have given up. Why make it so difficult.

How do I change the name of an Album from unassigned to its correct name?  That too seems impossible to do after hours of trying.

If it didn't sound so good, I would have given up a long time ago.....

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
  • "Science is not a democracy"-Earl Geddes, Ph.D.
Re: Why So Difficult
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 10:45:15 am »

I have just bought an early bird license for version 19. Do you think I can find where to download version 19? After one hour, I have given up. Why make it so difficult.
You need to go to the MC19 board.  It's here.  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83922.0
W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: License questions
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 10:51:44 am »

The way you operate licenses, registration and these things, seem to be amazingly convoluted and complex in today's world. So difficult, so time consuming, so frustrating.

Where did you look?

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 11:23:01 am »

How do I change the name of an Album from unassigned to its correct name?  That too seems impossible to do after hours of trying.

Here's one way.  Hover over an album's artwork, and you'll see some clickable-links appear.  One of them is File.  This will open the file list below, where you might find it easy to see what's going on.  Or you can just double-click the artwork to open the file list.

Select your album's files in the file list.  Right-click and Rename*.  Now you can change the values.

Alternatively, you can  use the Action Window > Tag.

* Rename is a very poor and unfortunate choice of terms.  It is a hold-over from Windows, and as a verb, it does not properly provide an unambiguous context for what you are doing (are you Renaming the file, or renaming some item?).  Its meaning is confounded because it is immediately above Delete, which operates on a File, and immediately below Tag which operates on neither, but is what you're doing when you use Rename, yet Tag is in another section above.  Both Tag and "Rename" should be in the same section.  The term Rename should be Edit Property or Edit Tag, and Tag should be Toggle Tag Window (or shorter).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

dgw

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 05:17:14 pm »

Where did you look?

I looked everywhere I could think of / could find on your website. Where did you think I was looking ?  Thanks for helpful response.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 05:20:10 pm »

I asked because I thought I might be able to improve the experience for someone else.

dgw

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 05:25:34 pm »

Here's one way.  Hover over an album's artwork, and you'll see some clickable-links appear.  One of them is File.  This will open the file list below, where you might find it easy to see what's going on.  Or you can just double-click the artwork to open the file list.

Select your album's files in the file list.  Right-click and Rename*.  Now you can change the values.

Alternatively, you can  use the Action Window > Tag.

* Rename is a very poor and unfortunate choice of terms.  It is a hold-over from Windows, and as a verb, it does not properly provide an unambiguous context for what you are doing (are you Renaming the file, or renaming some item?).  Its meaning is confounded because it is immediately above Delete, which operates on a File, and immediately below Tag which operates on neither, but is what you're doing when you use Rename, yet Tag is in another section above.  Both Tag and "Rename" should be in the same section.  The term Rename should be Edit Property or Edit Tag, and Tag should be Toggle Tag Window (or shorter).

Thanks for your help !  Did not work for my particular download from Blue Coast Records but never mind - maybe one day I will find a way to do it. Now for another question you might be able to help with : Is it better ( sound wise ) to import files as Flac or Aif or some other format or does it make no difference ?

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 05:31:37 pm »

All lossless files will sound the same (please, no WAV vs. other lossless format discussions here), so choose the one that works for your devices and systems.  FLAC is pretty common.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 05:41:39 pm »

Please start a new thread with an appropriate subject.
Pages: [1]   Go Up