INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio mode only possible for DVD and Blu-Ray?  (Read 1456 times)

sirkus

• World Citizen
Audio mode only possible for DVD and Blu-Ray?
« on: October 02, 2013, 12:54:51 pm »

Hello, can I select to play only an audio track (no video) from a Bluray or DVD (physical, iso or stream)?

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio mode only possible for DVD and Blu-Ray?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 01:51:13 pm »

You can rip the audio only using a feature that was induced relatively recently. Or you can play the disc and come out of display view if you computer is fast enough. You'd be playing audio and video, but ignoring the latter.
Not sure if there is a different, direct way to do what you want.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 02:29:16 pm »

The easiest way is to use right click the video file and select Library Tools > Convert Format > and then check "Convert video to audio" and choose your format. This will create a new audio file that you can use in your Audio views. The Particles entry in the wiki shows how to convert a concert Blu-ray into individual song files. You can then convert each song to audio, too.

Another way might be to go to Tools > Options > Video > Video Mode > Advanced > Custom. Then go to the Custom Video Mode Settings and change directshow filters. I'm not quite sure though if you can null out any of the filters or change the settings of one so it isn't used.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 03:00:00 pm »

I just found out that you can change the Media Type tag from Video to Audio and just the audio will play. You will have to switch to an audio view to find your video file. You could create Particles and set them as Audio and then create an Audio view that contains items with [Stack Tag]=Particle and [Media Subtype]=Movie or Music Video or however you decide to tag them.

sirkus

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 03:31:28 pm »

Thanks, I didn't know about particles... Converting or minimize the video window are what I do until now. I was hopping for something like right-click-and-select-stream :)

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 03:45:31 pm »

A Particle is a virtual entry. They are very useful for creating separate entries for Titles, audio tracks, extras, songs, or creating a virtual clip of a song or movie. I have some Particles of Blu-rays and then I set a playback range for a clip. I have a Demo view in Theater View that just shows the clips when I want to demo my system for someone.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 03:52:37 pm »

Nice find!  With this method you can have one source (the BD), use particles to create two sets by tracks and tag them up then change one set to Audio and it will appear under "Audio" with the other set under "Video".  Now all we need is......
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up