INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: jriver 19 keeps on crashing saying not responding  (Read 5293 times)

fabsab

• Recent member
jriver 19 keeps on crashing saying not responding
« on: October 12, 2013, 05:45:46 am »

Hello,
my jriver 19 keeps on crashing after a few seconds of apparently normal play. At some point, it just won't respond to any input and I am forced to close the program and restart. I also tried to reinstall, but it didn't help. This problem didn't occur until build 45, but after that, even switching to previous builds doesn't help. Apparently jriver 18 is still working OK, though. My operating system is Windows 8. Any idea what could cause the problem?
 Thanks, Fabio

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: jriver 19 keeps on crashing saying not responding
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 06:23:31 am »

Try reinstalling your license.

fabsab

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 07:42:08 am »

I've successfully restored the license but the problem still remains

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 08:13:40 am »

Check Windows Event Viewer to see if anything on the Windows side is acting up. I had issues with MS Security Essentials causing crashes a while back. I uninstalled it and downloaded/installed it again and problem went away. If you have a dedicated HTPC (nothing but JRiver on it) there are so many fewer issues. But when you use your PC for other things too (MS Office, e-mail, internet browsing, etc.) there are a lot of things that can interact badly and go wrong.
Good luck

fabsab

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 08:25:26 am »

thanks for the tip, will try. Oddly enough, up until a week ago everything was working nice....and right a couple of minutes ago, after 1 hour of silence the music started again as if nothing happened...go figure! Also, why this issue does not happen with jriver 18?

fabsab

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 12:28:23 pm »

I cannot disable windows security essentials. I have windows8 with windows defender. should I try to temporarily disable windows defender and see if the issue is still present? other options?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 01:05:56 pm »

I would. If the problem goes away - delete Defender/MS Essentials and then reinstall. If JRiver still crashes, well ... at least you eliminated one possibility.

maid

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 01:06:47 am »

I am having a similar problem
I have put in a ticket with no response.

I use windows 7 and AVG.

I have followed all these instruction but it does not help

Mine is hanging on importing and closing down.

I also have a machine with JRiver on in my office which I use to update the one in the lounge through the Lan, both are hanging.
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

fabsab

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 08:12:17 am »

disabling defender didn't work. However, I (hopefully) somehow solved the problem by clearing the main library. I'm playing music from driver and devices (not from main library, which is empty now) and apparently everithing is OK; at least I had no crashes in the last few hours....come to think of it, jriver 19 was working fine on another PC, also with no main library imported....maybe I did something  wrong with some kind of libray setting/import/whatever? I don't know

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 11:06:06 am »

If you have the internal browsing engine set to Chromium, try changing it to Internet Explorer.

fabsab

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 12:50:11 pm »

just checked, I have explorer
Pages: [1]   Go Up