INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver 19 plays the beginning of songs loud, then normalizes after a few seconds  (Read 2036 times)

TheGame

• Junior Woodchuck

As the subject states, I've noticed that JRiver 19 plays the beginning of songs louder, then normalizes after a few seconds. Any ideas what could be causing this or is there a setting in JRiver 19 that prevents this?

Also, I am using the Microsoft MCE remote and IR Receiver to control JRiver 19 as seen here http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/190786341077?lpid=82

The play button, skip, and and fast forward/rewind work well but some of the buttons like the arrows do not. Is there a way to set the Microsoft MCE Remote correctly in JRiver so all of the normal remote functions work correctly and if so, can someone teach me how to do this? I have looked in the forums and cannot find anything on this  (if it is in the forums I couldn't find it so I apologize if it is there).

I have tried doing the "Learning" mode under remote options but I am confused as to how it works, I can't seem to get it to work correctly.

And one last question. Is there a way in JRiver 19 to setup the next song you want to play without using the "Play Next" feature? For example, in iTunes, I can have a song playing, then I can move the highlighted cursor to the next song I want to play and just hit the enter button on The MCE Remote and it will move to the song I have highlighted and play it. This is onvinient for me as I do not have to reorder my playlist or scroll through tons of songs to get to the next song I wish to play. Here is a screenshot of what I am talking about in iTunes and JRiver:

iTunes with Microsoft MCE Remote:

JRiver with Microsoft MCE Remote:

I sincerely apologize for the big screenshots, but I wanted members to be able to read the text in the images to get a better idea of what I am talking about.

Thank you for any advice or instructions on how to properly setup the Microsoft MCE remote and if it is possible to switch songs without using the "Play Next" feature in JRiver.

Thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up