INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver 19, no more selecting audio from Covers, or Covers in Gizmo  (Read 1188 times)

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck

I had a bad surprise this morning. I was so happy with my tablet selecting my files, use my structure of the disc with covers, and that it sounded good. I have the 19 still in try-out mode (gives me time if it is worth for me to go from 16 to 19).

Now I selected from my tablet a Steve Miller album, nothing happen, it say "stopped". Restarted Gizmo Mc 19, same.  Then I noticed I could not play the files from computer (file not found, check location, or something). Weird. I started the files then manually by selecting them in the file structure, that worked.  I checked my settings and noticed everything has changed, without doing anything.  The internal card was selected instead of the DAC of my Fiio.  File location, instead of a Music - folder structure on external hard disc, "my Music", was now selected, although the covers were still there.  

I changed again to the Fiio, I put the path, to where the music is, checked it also in the scan.
Made a new scan.  But all the same, it says to check the path.  When I select manually still work, with gizmo, I can then stop the music also, but when I select also there something else on the cover, and then a song, it not play.

I am really dissapointed.    Had so much time to make this work as I wanted, liked it, also the sound, but now without changing anything, it not works.  The only thing that happen is that I added some music to the external hard disc on another computer, but I put it back on the same port as before.

So how can I make everything work as before. Wasted hours this morning, but all I can do i select from file - location on the computer itself.

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck

Ok, after a long search, got things straight again. Except things changed without my intervention, mentioned above, something else changed, the access path to my hard disc. Before this was F:, now G:.  This is weird, because I used same disc and same port, why it changed, I have no idea.

When I changed everything in J River (file location, path in Gizmo to be used) to G :, restarted, same thing nothing worked. But when I changed to the original F: , the path on my computer, then again in "file location" and gizmo, it worked again! 

But why all these setting were changed, I have no clue.....  Hope it not happen again.

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 06:03:04 am »

You may want to try just restoring your Library from a back up rather than going through and making all those changes.  It would probably be easier and a better way of making sure all the settings you want are in place.

Without knowing more, my guess would be that the after a reboot or update, MC was unable to load your Library (it was possibly a corrupt file or it couldn't find it).  Without it loading, MC began creating a new one.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver 19, no more selecting audio from Covers, or Covers in Gizmo
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 07:50:11 am »

If you plug a drive into a Windows PC, Windows may assign it to a different drive letter.  For that reason, people sometimes assign important drives to a high letter, like Z:.

You could read about the problem by doing an Internet search.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up