INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: International Netflix support in Media Center?  (Read 1325 times)

Leeuwerik

• Recent member
International Netflix support in Media Center?
« on: October 04, 2013, 04:13:37 pm »

Since a few weeks, Netflix is available in The Netherlands. I experience different issues with the Media Center / Netflix Integration:
* Media Center does not show my instant queue and recommended movies.
* Search cannot find content that is available in The Netherlands.
* When you start a movie that is found you need to chose a profile first which is impossible with an IR remote
* A message is shown that the movie is not available.

It seems that Media Center queries a different database than the one that is connected to my account. As a Dutch Netflix subscriber, every works fine via the Xbox. Hence I think this is a typical Media Center Integration problem.

Does anyone experience similar problems and can the issues be resolved?

Thanks.

Erik

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 09:27:26 am »

Have the same experience in Norway. As far as I know, international Netflix does not work because of non-open Netflix API.

Trumpetguy

Re:
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 09:28:19 am »

I'd love to have a working solution, though.

CountryBumkin

Re: International Netflix support in Media Center?
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 11:49:02 am »

Netflix in MC is bad. No more recommended movies, all the Genres (like Action, Romance, Classics, SyFy) are gone. It's not MC's fault.
I was hoping Hulu would fill in the gap. I tried Hulu Plus - but the API doesn't show my "Queue" (my selections made on the Hulu website) so its useless.

On the subject of Hulu - when I browse "Recent Episodes" it doesn't say the name of the Series/Show. How can I tell what the recent episode is for (unless you recognize it from the screen shot or description)? This is useless too. Surely Hulu didn't provide an API like this - something must be broken. Okay enough ranting.  :-X

imugli

• MC Beta Team
Re: International Netflix support in Media Center?
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 08:23:11 am »

I have Netflix set up in Theatre View to just open the Netflix website, then play from there. That way, I get all the genres etc. I need to use my HTPC keyboard bit the extra functionality and UX is worth it IMO.
Pages: [1]   Go Up