INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: COVER ART - Tracklist  (Read 2018 times)

filippo

• Recent member
COVER ART - Tracklist
« on: October 06, 2013, 04:57:31 am »

JR recognizes only one cover art, it seems.
Most of the time you look also at the back cover with the list of songs or tracks and in classic music you look also at the enhanced track list in pages 2/3 of the booklet.
is there a simple way to show the 3 pages directly as part of cover art?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: COVER ART - Tracklist
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 12:16:58 pm »

There are various workarounds to include import the cover art files, and creating a view to show both the audio files as well as the image or data files.  These items can be grouped such that when you play the grouping, all items playback; the audio in one zone, and the images in the image zone as a slideshow.

See if you can find the references in the forum here by searching.  If not, ask and someone will help more...
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

filippo

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 02:57:06 pm »

in the wiki Alex B has a shown a method which I do not understand very well. may be there is something simpler.
I do not have 40 minutes (Alex B) just for tagging one CD: i am producing my library with some 600 classic CDs for now and it should be straightforward.
so I take every advice (every) thanking in advance who will be able to give me some trick...

MrC

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 03:05:40 pm »

Are the files for an album all in the same directory?

filippo

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 03:41:16 pm »

the folder of the CD contains the flac files and one folder with the jpeg images.
alternatively the image is in the CD folder with the flac files when there is only one.

MrC

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 04:01:42 pm »

Here are the basic steps:

1. Import all the file types into MC that you want to show/play
   2. Create a view that includes all of these file types (Set rules for file display)
   3. Group that view by Filename (path), unless you tag all the items within each album.  You can do this in a number of ways, depending upon the type of view you want, and how you want to navigate it.  You might want a panes view that uses a File path Category, for example, or maybe various components from the [Filename (path)] field.  The key here is that you need some metadata which is consistent across all the file types, and since the folder path is the only thing that is (without tagging), you need to use this or some modified version of it.

Since some of your image folders are beneath your album folder, you'll probably want an expression to modify Filename (path), to strip this folder when necessary, so that an Album shows as a single unit always. 

This method assumes your folder names are structured such that the component folders can present values such as the Album, Artist, etc.

Does this seem where you want to go?

filippo

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 01:08:33 am »

WOW; thank you.:o
I understand that in each album folder I have to put the .jpg images (without subfolder). then i do not understand what I have to do... ?

MrC

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 01:10:40 am »

You can leave the sub-folders.  I'll explain tomorrow.

filippo

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 03:29:05 pm »

THANK YOU SO MUCH

MrC

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 07:07:23 pm »

Ok, here's the idea and a quick implementation.  You'll probably want to change it for your needs.

First, create two new custom user fields.  These will be your Album and Artist fields, derived from paths.  These assume your files are arranged as:

...\Artist\Album\tracks

and then possibly some artwork under a sub-folder:

...\Artist\Album\Other Images

The two fields you want to create are:

Name: Album (from path)
   Expression: FileFolder(replace([Filename], \Other Images,),0)

and

Name: Artist (from path)
   Expression: FileFolder(replace([Filename], \Other Images,),1)

Note how the image path sub-folder is being stripped by name ("\Other Images") - change that string value in the expressions above to match your image sub-folder name.

Now, create a new view, that uses the definitions shown the attached screenshot.  The two panes values are your new library fields Artist (by path) and Album (by path).  Set the Set rules for files display to include both Audio and Images.

Set the view's Group By under the view's tab to be More (sort groups a-z) > Album (by path).

Now, you can play both the audio and images as a slideshow by double clicking the Album name in the pane.

MrC

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 08:01:28 pm »

I should also mention, you can Group By Filename (path), so that in the file list, your Other Images are separated out.  Or by File Type, so all images are grouped (including those in the same directory as the tracks.  See attached.

filippo

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 03:34:38 pm »

thank you very much, I will digest during the WE, as I am travelling these coming days.
Filippo
Pages: [1]   Go Up