INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No subwoofer output  (Read 4144 times)

huber13

• Recent member
No subwoofer output
« on: October 06, 2013, 12:04:06 pm »

I am running my Dell computer using MC 19 through an OPPO BDP-105 and there is no subwoofer activity. I have everything run the OPPO and the sub works fine through everything TV, CD, DVD's except the USB. Is there something I'm missing to do in settings. I have the output set to OPPO 2.0 waspi, the MC-19 DSP is on and  L, R set to 2.1 @ 80hz, everything else at recommended settings.
Dislocated Boy Blues

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: No subwoofer output
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 12:26:33 pm »

Use Tools > Advanced Tools > Audio Calibration to play tones through each speaker.

Double-check the Subwoofer setting in DSP Studio > Output Format.

It's possible the Oppo needs the subwoofer to be +10dB.  You can adjust levels in DSP Studio > Room Correction.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

huber13

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 02:50:36 pm »

Still nothing, I have tried every mode, setting, format, everything. No sub output on test tones either, just L&R. I  have the sub crossed @ 80hz in DSP L&R ran the test tone @ 50hz sound went to L&R no sub. volume is maxed for sub too. I've been trying to do this for over 4 months to get the sub to work, it's got to be something really simple I'm over looking but I'm just really frustrated with it.
Dislocated Boy Blues

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 03:20:10 pm »

Looking at the manual the Oppo only supports a 2 channel input via usb, which means you shouldn't be trying to configure or enable any subwoofer settings from within Media Center. Any subwoofer configuration that needs to be done for usb input is within the Oppo itself.

huber13

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 03:44:07 pm »

Ya that's what I thought too but, all other inputs get the sub. The OPPO is set to small 80hz, and is configured for the sub. There is no input setting for the USB. I can pop in a CD (stereo) I get the sub, I can also turn on and off the Neo-6 music and works with CD only, USB is untouched by the Neo-6 effect. I'm calling OPPO Mon. to see what's up, but really doubt it's in the OPPO. It did the same when I had it run through an Emotiva XDA-1, but that had no bass controls.
Dislocated Boy Blues

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 06:23:54 pm »

I just stumbled across the official Oppo thread on avsforums and to quote from this page it appears bass management via the Oppo is not possible if you're using it as a usb dac http://www.avsforum.com/t/1439524/official-oppo-bdp-105-owners-thread/660

Originally Posted by tdhooge View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhooge View Post

Bob,
Thanks for the info. It works when I am playing a CD or 2 channel SACD from the Oppo. But when using the Oppo as a USB DAC, no signal is passed to the sub-woofer. I have 5 channels from the oppo connected to an amp, and the SW RCA connection connected to the sub-woofer. When playing a cd the sub has sound, when playing from the USB DAC, no such luck. My speaker configuration is 5.1, all speakers small, sub on, 60Hz crossover.

I got a reply from oppo on this issue:

The Asynchronous USB DAC is done on the I2S bus, so it is not possible to apply any bass management in the player itself. Any bass management needs to be done externally to the player.

huber13

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 07:10:18 pm »

Thanks. Well that solves that mystery, I'll complain to OPPO, that's not good.
Dislocated Boy Blues
Pages: [1]   Go Up