INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: vidoe play back  (Read 1567 times)

comet

• Recent member
vidoe play back
« on: October 08, 2013, 02:22:05 pm »

can a computer ever play movies (blue rays & dvds) back smooth and if it can what do u need to do this with.is mc 19 able to do it

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: vidoe play back
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 05:46:41 pm »

Yes it can. You don't need anything extra other than MC19, providing your computer is fast enough. You can use default settings, or Red October HQ Options>Video if your computer is sufficiently capable. You may also want to enable auto refresh rate change if your display is able to change between different frequencies.

comet

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 09:18:50 pm »

I have I3 530 2.93
          6 GB of ram
          520 gt video card
it seem to get jerky or studer or im just seeing things

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 10:35:08 pm »

I have the same CPU with 4 GB of RAM. However, I use a 450GTS video card for MadVR. Your 520 is best used with Red October Standard.
If you still see a stutter/judder, then it's likely a refresh rate issue.
This can happen when you try to play a 23.976 fps movie or 25 Hz TV show on a 60Hz Screen. Or, if 23.976 fps is displayed at 24 Hz, some people -including me- see the stutter every 42 seconds. There are fixes to these issues.
Tell us what the rest of your hardware configuration is, e.g. AV receiver, TV, projector etc.

comet

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 05:01:42 am »

I have a rotel 1572 and vizio 42 tv .audio setting in mc wasapi realtek hd speaker output, then in dsp 5.1 and no upmixing or downmixing. but I would like to bitstream if I can so don't have so many cables. for blue ray movies I have the refresh rate set to 23 or 24 and for dvd is set to 60 or 59. so what are the fixes for this then? then the movies are saved to hard in the pc.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 03:23:29 pm »

Is your tv a 120 Hz model? Can it accept 23/24 Hz as a refresh rate?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 04:09:04 pm »

I would like to bitstream if I can so don't have so many cables.
Whether you bit stream or not will not change how many cables you have. Normally you have one HDMI cable from your PC to your Receiver and a second HDMI cable from you Receiver to TV. If you choose "bitstreaming" in JRiver settings then the Rotel Receiver does all the audio conversion, if you don't choose bit stream (use PCM instead) then JRiver program does the audio conversion and can apply all the neat built-in features such as "Video Clock" which adjusts the timing of the video and audio refresh rate, Room Correction, etc.
See this http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Connection_Type

comet

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 07:40:02 pm »

no it is not the 120hz and yes it can do 23/24hz
Pages: [1]   Go Up