INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convert Format option - how to avoid duplicate files in library?  (Read 1212 times)

thebigeast

• Recent member

After spending the last couple days trying to use HH Sync and having problem after problem (Samsung Galaxy Note 2), I'd like to try the Convert Format option. When I tried a couple sample albums, the converted files showed up as duplicates in my library with the flac files already there. So if I wanted to play the album, both files would play. How do I avoid this? I tried disabling conversion cache but that had no effect.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Convert Format option - how to avoid duplicate files in library?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 10:35:57 pm »

I think I mentioned in another thread you want to set the option to not include the converted files into the library, but it was probably not noticed.  Here's the option (see attached):
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

thebigeast

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 12:57:11 am »

MrC - I did exactly that and the mp3's still showed up under the album in my MC library. It was the same whether or not I checked "convert to same directory as original files" or chose a destination folder for it. I have been checking under mode the 3rd option to leave original file and do not add destination file to library. I'm at a loss.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 03:01:17 am »

Are the converted files under an auto-import directory?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up