INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: no blue light with dragonfly  (Read 2924 times)

eddieg69

• Recent member
no blue light with dragonfly
« on: October 09, 2013, 10:58:00 am »

I recently got a Dragonfly USB dac which I am using with Media center 19.0.32. The blue light for the audio path is not on. Says using direct sound (not a direct connection). For audio device I have selected Audioquest Dragonfly (Direct Sound). For device setting I only have the option of channels and buffering. What am I missing. Thanks

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: no blue light with dragonfly
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 11:57:30 am »

I recently got a Dragonfly USB dac which I am using with Media center 19.0.32. The blue light for the audio path is not on. Says using direct sound (not a direct connection). For audio device I have selected Audioquest Dragonfly (Direct Sound). For device setting I only have the option of channels and buffering. What am I missing. Thanks

"Direct sound" is the name of the default windows driver interface, and direct sound output goes through the system mixing panel (i.e. despite the name it is not a direct connection).  If you want a direct connection try selecting WASAPI or ASIO (if the dragonfly supports it) in the output device options (i.e. try selecting "Audioquest Dragonfly (WASAPI)")

eddieg69

• Recent member
Re: no blue light with dragonfly
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 06:29:32 pm »

Using windows xp, no wasapi or asio available. Wasapi is available with windows 7 but that is not the pc I want to use the dragonfly with. Installed Asio4all and everything seems to be okay now. Thanks for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up