INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buttons  (Read 1083 times)

jdizzy623

• World Citizen
Buttons
« on: October 09, 2013, 09:51:41 pm »

Is it possible in Theater View to assign a button to play a certain movie when clicked?

In other words, click the button and the movie starts playing without going through any other screens.
Also would like to do the same with a music playlist. Click the button and the music plays.

Seems simple... can it be done?

In XBMC you would just add a line in the xml file that controls the button <onclick> play something </onclick>
Or by adding a custom button.

in JRiver, possibly something from the Options> Theaterview add a button, but how to play a file without further clicking?

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Re: Buttons
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 04:26:01 am »

Is it possible through the remote control options. You can custom map keys and guess you could ask it to start a series of mcc commands??

jdizzy623

• World Citizen
Re: Re: Buttons
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 10:07:23 am »

Is it possible through the remote control options. You can custom map keys and guess you could ask it to start a series of mcc commands??

Yes, I imagine I could do that but then would have to instruct guests on proper remote usage, do this, do that type of thing.

I have found it much more intuitive to just add a menu option called 'Jazz Music' that once clicked plays a smart playlist and when exiting returns you to the main menu rather than drilling down 3 to 4 different levels to get something playing.

I keep coming back to JRiver because of it's video and audio quality but, it's the Theater View menuing that eventually takes me back to XBMC after watching someone get flustered trying to get music playing, or even better, trying to exit back to the main menu.

I know it seems fairly easy but to some of my guests it is very frustrating to the point of just not using the system.

I know there is an option to load/use an External Program within the menu system. What would it take to add a few more commands to the buttons or, are they there but, I just don't see them?

Pages: [1]   Go Up