INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Folder with Catalog #  (Read 1960 times)

john925

• Recent member
Folder with Catalog #
« on: October 10, 2013, 02:04:43 am »

Is there any way that I can copy the Catalog # to the Folder.jpg.

I've place Folder.jpg inside the same folder with the Album.  I wish to add a library column, also called Catalog #, for the Folder.jpg.

I've tagged most of the Albums with Catalog #.  I am wondering is there any way that I can let the Catalog # copied to the Catalog # column of the Folder.jpg automatically?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Folder with Catalog #
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 03:11:46 am »

I read this twice, and I'm still having difficulty understanding what is being asked.  Can you clarify?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

john925

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 03:45:53 am »

I read this twice, and I'm still having difficulty understanding what is being ask.  Can you clarify?

Hi MrC,

Thanks for your willing to help and pardon me for my poor expression.

I wish the Folder in this Album can automatically fill in the Tag(Catalog #,"FXCD 275").  It would be too much of work if I need to manually fill in the Catalog # for the Folder.jpg.

MrC

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 08:22:38 am »

There are two ways this can be done, one depends on how your folders might be named, and the other will require you to set the tag value using an expression (this can be for all files at once).

What is the full path of the album shown above in the screenshot, and can you describe the folder path structure in general.

john925

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 09:04:08 am »

There are two ways this can be done, one depends on how your folders might be named, and the other will require you to set the tag value using an expression (this can be for all files at once).

What is the full path of the album shown above in the screenshot, and can you describe the folder path structure in general.

My file structure is as the following.

M:\EAC Music\[Label]\[Album]\[Track #] - [Name]
M:\EAC Music\[Label]\[Album]\Folder.jpg

M:\DSD Music\[Label]\[Album]\[Track #] - [Name]
M:\DSD Music\[Label]\[Album]\Folder.jpg

M:\FLAC Music\[Label]\[Album]\[Track #] - [Name]
M:\FLAC Music\[Label]\[Album]\Folder.jpg

M:\HRZ Music\[Label]\[Album]\[Track #] - [Name]
M:\HRZ Music\[Label]\[Album]\Folder.jpg

MAC only for showing the file structure. I am using Windows MC 19

MrC

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 09:08:17 am »

Ok, I was hoping that your Catalog number was in the path.  Since it is not, that rules out one possibility.

The remaining possibility is that you can create a view, with a few special rules that will grab the Catalog number from another item in the folder.  It will save the Catalog number into a variable, that you can then use to Select All and tag Catalog number using an expression that will selectively fill in empty Catalog numbers.  Although it is manual, you can run it on any or all files, so should be quick.

Would that work?

john925

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 09:40:59 am »

Ok, I was hoping that your Catalog number was in the path.  Since it is not, that rules out one possibility.

The remaining possibility is that you can create a view, with a few special rules that will grab the Catalog number from another item in the folder.  It will save the Catalog number into a variable, that you can then use to Select All and tag Catalog number using an expression that will selectively fill in empty Catalog numbers.  Although it is manual, you can run it on any or all files, so should be quick.

Would that work?

MrC,

Thanks for your advice, but, sorry, I couldn't understand the steps you mentioned. 

MrC

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 09:42:42 am »

I'll explain the steps.  I was wondering if the *method* would be OK.  Periodically, you will select a batch of files to set Catalog # for those missing Catalog #.  It won't be automatic, but batch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up