INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My brother's MC 19 doesn't ripp any CD. When MC 19 is downloaded, it doesn't ...  (Read 1092 times)

Urbanito

• Galactic Citizen

My brother Albino (MC name) doesn't speak enough English and is facing two problems:
- He bought a license for upgrading from MC 18 to 19 and he has the Registration Code that was emailed to him.
With my help he downloaded MC 19 and was not asked to fill the R. Code. However, the program installs.

- When he tries to rip a CD from MC, he receives the following message, every time:

"the output directory could not be created for one or more files.
Please double-check the output directory in the ripping option".
We changed CDs and the same happened every time.
As he still has MC 18 on his laptop, he tried to rip with that version, but the same happened.

I am quite frustrated since I can't solve the problem and, because of that, I am asking for HELP.
Where is output directory and how can it be changed?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

First check the base path in Tools > Options > File Location > Audio.  It is the first item under Audio.  Check also that the Folder rule and Filename rule both makes sense.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Urbanito

• Galactic Citizen

Thank you very much, MrC.
I solved the problem. The laptop was not "seeing" the NAS.
Kind regards
Joao

iansr

• Recent member

Help please, I am having the exact same problem except I use v17.  I have set the location as the dedicated music server where my files files are stored but I get this error message described above.  I've also tried (separately) the 2 music folders that sit within the relevant disk in my server - one folder is for flac files, which is what I now use when ripping discs, and the other is  for legacy apple lossless files.  However it makes no difference and I get the same message.  Any suggestions?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

If the paths are correct, probably MC does not have write permission for the mount point exported from the NAS.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up