INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multi-Disc CD Organization  (Read 966 times)

MNP500

• Recent member
Multi-Disc CD Organization
« on: October 21, 2013, 10:20:19 am »

The majority of my CD collection is classical, and many of those are multi-CD boxes. I've read some of the older posts on classical music, but much of it is too detail oriented and complicated for me. I'd like to keep it simple. So...

Take e.g. a box of The Complete Beethoven String Quartets which is a 10 CD set. I really don't want to see 10 albums. I'd be happy to see one album with everything in it. But when I tried to simply name all 10 CDs with the same name, all the tracks on the 10 CDs were there but completely mixed up. Is there any way to keep them in their original order?

Thanks

Michael

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Multi-Disc CD Organization
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 10:27:40 am »

There is a tag called "Disc #".  You can use it so separate the tracks.

MNP500

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 11:59:34 am »

Thanks!!!

Brana G

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 06:07:38 am »

Since YADB rarely works for me 100% and since I go in and check/rename all my artist and track name fields, another option is to simply take disc 1 and let those tracks rip in as tracks 1-32 for example. Album name remains what you want it to be (keep the same for all discs). Then when you input disc 2, renumber the track numbers to start at 33 and end at 60 for example and so in. This way you will have one album listed, but it can have 200 tracks in it if that's what all these CDs contain as a total. I find this usual for multi-disc albums when it really should be viewed as one piece versus splitting it up as discs. Or I do both. Do what I said above but also input the disc number into that field. Gives me ultimate flexibility.
Pages: [1]   Go Up