INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bought a Musical Fidelity M1, best config for PC via Optical?  (Read 3300 times)

fluidz

• Junior Woodchuck
Bought a Musical Fidelity M1, best config for PC via Optical?
« on: October 11, 2013, 04:37:36 pm »

Hi Everybody  ;)

I've just purchased a Musical Fidelity M1 to pair with my Pc.  It's connected via Toslink to my Titanium Hd.

What's the best config for JRiver 18/19 for my setup?  Would it be as below?  Have I missed anything?

Thanks!  8)

Direct link - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20406996/m1%20dac%20layout%20jriver.png

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Bought a Musical Fidelity M1, best config for PC via Optical?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 07:20:21 pm »

Disable Bitstreaming as the M1 doesnt support it. You might also want to leave the supported sample rates over optical 'as is' (44.1, 48, 88.2, 96)

Any particular reason you chose not to use the Async USB connection?  :)

fluidz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 12:58:35 am »

Disable Bitstreaming as the M1 doesnt support it. You might also want to leave the supported sample rates over optical 'as is' (44.1, 48, 88.2, 96)

Any particular reason you chose not to use the Async USB connection?  :)

Hi Micromecca,

Setting the Sample Rate in JRiver to default -

Produces this error -

I use optical because any other connection, Coax, Usb, produce Ground loop.  I hear a whine/static through my Active speakers. Do I need a Usb/Spdif interface or is it ok to keep on using Optical out on my Titanium Hd?

Would you happen to know what sampling rate should I set Titanium Hd's Audio Creation Mode to? Before upgrading to the M1 I was using Asio in JRiver, and it would automatically select the sampling rate, however since selecting Wasapi - it's manual.  Would I choose 96kHz (the highest).

Thanks ever so much :)

fluidz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 01:58:13 am »

I can't get JRiver to output at 44.1kHz using Titanium HD > (optical) Musical Fidelity.  I have to manually higher to to at least 48khz to get any playback.  This is using Wasapi.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 04:27:57 am »

Try setting the bit depth manually to 24 and/or disabling 'Event Style'

If you want to use USB to take advantage of its async feature you could try a USB isolator, I use one with my Audiolab M-DAC and it helped to fix a noise issue that I was also having.

fluidz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 05:02:46 am »

Try setting the bit depth manually to 24 and/or disabling 'Event Style'

If you want to use USB to take advantage of its async feature you could try a USB isolator, I use one with my Audiolab M-DAC and it helped to fix a noise issue that I was also having.

I disabled Event Style (required by older hardware) in the Wasapi options, and its working! :)

Can you recommend a cheap usb isolator? 

Thanks.

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 01:36:46 pm »

Pleased you got it working  ;D

This One is good value for money, It only supports upto 96k but I think thats the limit of the M1 over USB ?

Depending on where your PC is situated you might find it easier to connect it with a Short Extension rather than having the isolator sticking out the back  ;)

fluidz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 03:22:12 pm »

Pleased you got it working  ;D

This One is good value for money, It only supports upto 96k but I think thats the limit of the M1 over USB ?

Depending on where your PC is situated you might find it easier to connect it with a Short Extension rather than having the isolator sticking out the back  ;)

Yeah 96k is the limit, good enough imo.

Will look into getting myself an isolator.  Cheers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up