INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver 19: Problem with playback for a few dozen mp3's  (Read 1010 times)

marly421

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
JRiver 19: Problem with playback for a few dozen mp3's
« on: October 12, 2013, 05:49:51 pm »

I get this message:

Error message
Something wrong with playback.
Detail:
MPEG plugin does not support MPEG Layer 1 files.
Button: OK – Help

A song in JRiver media center 19 shows at bitrate 24049, Duration :03 seconds (ripped at 256 and is 5 minutes long). Its actually a track ripped with JRiver Media Center 12 several years ago. It's part of a 12 Cd track set of songs. All other tracks play just fine.  Song is Stacey Kent - So Romantic - 09.

Windows explorer sees the mp3 and the information is fine. Nero 12 waveedit.exe opens it and plays it fine. Windows media player sees it and plays it fine. Newest Real Audio player sees it and plays it fine.

I searched the collection and found several dozen songs, JRiver either doesn't play at all or cuts songs very short to just a few seconds in length. JRiver reports I have 283,996 tracks, where smartlists reports total at 287,795 files. JRiver 18 reports the same issues and totals.

Your help section suggest trying: Try playing the track in Windows Media Player. The file may be corrupt or the tag may be bad. I did and the song played beautifully. Boy, any help would be great!

Note: using version 19.0.54

Note 2: I closed JRiver’s for a second time and on reopening smartlists reports the same number of files (287,795) but no longer lists the Song: Stacey Kent - So Romantic - 09 at all (I searched the song several ways and its not there). Under Audio and panes a search does find the song but still reports the bad information and will not play.

Marly
Pages: [1]   Go Up