INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No USB Connection Yet on 19  (Read 4902 times)

Rogerdn

• Junior Woodchuck
No USB Connection Yet on 19
« on: October 13, 2013, 04:42:56 pm »

Moved a week ago to 19 and can connect on DLNA to PSA DAC and when using Pure Music USB, but unable on USB to 19, for a week now after many tries.  Set up is same as 18. 219 which still plays.    Also have had a few crashes.  MINI 10.6.8.  Can't really use so back to 18.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: No USB Connection Yet on 19
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 11:40:44 am »

So when you have the DAC connected via USB, do you see it as a choice in Tools / Options / Audio / Audio Device ?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Rogerdn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 05:27:10 pm »

So when you have the DAC connected via USB, do you see it as a choice in Tools / Options / Audio / Audio Device ?

Yes I found the PS DAC and now have it playing, it had not been selected because this is diff from 18 correct, don't seem to have Audio Device there.  Any other audio set ups I should know about that are different ?

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 08:14:59 am »

Yes, we changed the layout of the audio page because users thought it was more intuitive to choose the audio device, and THEN choose it's settings rather than choosing an output mode and then choosing a device that supports that mode.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Rogerdn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 10:54:13 am »

Makes sense, I assumed the 18 settings would transfer, thks.

Rogerdn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 11:34:35 am »

New albums added yesterday to my HD did not self import like they did on 18, did I miss a set up ? Bigger problem 19 seems corrupted, after working for a day now all I get when opening is the spinning beach ball, can only force close.  Also I see that yesterday's new albums show up in 18 library and play.   

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 02:34:06 pm »

Are you using MC18 or MC19, or both? You mention importing albums, was that under MC18 or MC19? I would assume the imported albums would only show up in the version of MC you imported them under, unless you then did a library backup and restore to the other version of MC.
Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

Rogerdn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 03:55:39 pm »

Are you using MC18 or MC19, or both? You mention importing albums, was that under MC18 or MC19? I would assume the imported albums would only show up in the version of MC you imported them under, unless you then did a library backup and restore to the other version of MC.

I am attempting to switch to 19 and have only gone back to 18 to be able to listen to music, in doing so I noted the the new album I just ripped and was not in 19 was in 18. When I installed 19 I was able to import everything, it's just since this initial load I cannot add a new rip.  BTW it also imported to iTunes /pure music. So the album plays in 18 and PM but is nowhere in the 19 library. Plus 19 continuously locks up after one day of use.

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 07:39:13 pm »

I see, so did you rip the new album in MC18?

If so it wouldn't show up in MC19 unless you either imported it again, or Back up your library in MC18 and restore it in MC19.

Or perhaps I am confused, in which case my apologies.

I have been using MC19 with nary a hitch, however I realize that is no comfort, and not as if you are doing anything wrong.
Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

Rogerdn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 03:20:04 pm »

I see, so did you rip the new album in MC18?

If so it wouldn't show up in MC19 unless you either imported it again, or Back up your library in MC18 and restore it in MC19.

Or perhaps I am confused, in which case my apologies.

I have been using MC19 with nary a hitch, however I realize that is no comfort, and not as if you are doing anything wrong.

I rip from a PC on my LAN with dbPoweramp to my working drive so, then import, no restore.  I'm no longer going to use 19 until a later version is available, 18 works for me. Thks for your help.

zeus

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 07:17:39 am »

I am using usb and tried to up sample to 192/24 and the sound is distorted.it seems it is limited to 96.
Pages: [1]   Go Up