INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Autorip then autoplay upon CD insertion  (Read 1252 times)

pjm1

Autorip then autoplay upon CD insertion
« on: October 14, 2013, 05:36:05 am »

Hi all

I'm a newbie and can't seem to find the answer to this question through searching...

I'd like to set up JR to autorip upon CD insertion (fine, it does that) but then to start playing the ripped files as soon as it's able.  Given the rip should be quicker than 1x, I'm assuming this approach should cause any fundamental problems, but can't find a way to do it.  Are there any scripting features in JR that I've missed??

pjm1

Re: Autorip then autoplay upon CD insertion
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 06:42:16 pm »

So, no ability to do this then?  Maybe an opensource player is the way to go?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 09:44:20 pm »

No, it doesn't have that ability. What if you are ripping mulitple CD's? Should it only autoplay after the first CD or after each CD?

The first track will show up in Playlists > Recently Imported and you can start playback. The other songs should also then play after being ripped. So, if you wait for the first song to be ripping, then you can manually start playback.

pjm1

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 04:53:41 am »

Ok, that's probably an ok workaround.  Thanks.

What we're after is a replacement for a CD player but one which rips as well as plays... hence the question.  If multiple disc are being ripped, I'd expect the new disc inserted would start playing (i.e. replace whatever was playing before, be it a previously ripped CD or something else).
Pages: [1]   Go Up