INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drag & Drop capability? Also delete files off disk in "Playing Now"?!  (Read 1738 times)

InGearX

First off I'll start off saying that I LOVE Media JukeBox and it's one of the best software I've seen (however there is always room for improvement)!
I'm using Media JukeBox Plus v7.2.280

1) Drag & Drop capability!?
I often want to drag and drop MP3 files from MJ as I would from Explorer or other applications into say an active chat IM window to do a transfer (AIM, ICQ, MSN...), into FTP, into Nero to work with em there and burn, to other portable disks/devices that I can drag and drop to that I see in Explorer...
> Instead I need to go into explorer and find it / them many files far apart on disk! That are right there in front of me in MJ!

>>> Thus I and many others would benefit from Drag & Drop feature! It's easy to implement but saves ton of time, MOST software out there support drag and drop (all it dose is attaches and detaches the locations files being dragged or dropped in)

1a) OK maybe such option exists someplace in MJ!? PLEASE tell me how/where...
1b) Otherwise I'd love if MJ could have this capability implemented ASAP!

===== ===== =====
2) Deleting file(s) off disk in "Playing Now"?!
I never want to keep a file I never want to hear again... Sometimes you download more then what you need from P2P and then want to preview and then delete bad, corrupted, duplicate or tiring media right off disk!
Well you can do that in MJ by selecting files, right clicking on them, and select delete (also checking the box to delete from hard disk as well), that works fine and well...

But when files are in play list - "Playing Now" it fails to give you an option to delete them from your hard drive!!! That is extremely bad! because that is where and how I filter new incoming music, and if I encounter what I do not want to keep (or never wanted) I want to delete it right from my Hard Drive, but can not!

If I right click and select 'locate in library' it often takes me to "Unassigned" section where I have over 1000 files and thus can not locate file I want to delete in there and delete it! If I select 'locate on disk...' it opens up the folder where that file is on disk, but there are a ton of other files there and I can not find it!)
Besides even if I were to take time and find it, it's useless, because what if I selected many files (as I often do, now want to!) to deleted in "Playing Now" (that is using CTRL or/and Shift button) to delete!

>>>  Thus it would save so much time and be so beneficial if you could just delete right of disk files you see in "Playing Now"!
(also there should be an option to have the check box always selected, so user would not need to click it every time, if he want to keep it on disk he will deselect it)

2a) Again maybe there is already such a configuration to allow removal from HD while in "Playing Now", so please tell me...
2b) Otherwise there definitely should be such an option implemented in ASAP...

Thank you all, all comments welcome...

InGearX

RE:Drag & Drop capability? Also delete files off disk in
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2002, 06:30:25 am »

come on anyone?!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2002, 08:00:25 am »

Thanks for the ideas.

As for #1, I agree.  Let us look into it for version 8 that's in development.

With #2, it's a toss up.  Our thinking is that "Playing Now" is a temporary playlist, and it should be as fast as possible to manipulate.  That's why we don't want a popup message when deleting files from it. (to be faster)  What do other people think?  Would you rather have the "Delete" message box you get in "Media Library", or is it better like it is now?

Thanks again.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

zevele1

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2002, 08:04:54 am »

I would like the solution from ingearx,very much
yalla

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2002, 08:08:55 am »

I Agree The Delete Needs To Be Every Place, Some Times When Going Over The Files As InGearX States You Find Dups, And With Out A Delete Option It Makes It Hard To Delete The Dups.

And This Is Even More So With More Files You Have.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

InGearX

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2002, 09:26:54 pm »

Thanks for supporting...

And also another thing: when you are editing 'Preferences' you should just press CTRL S to save and close, also even if the file is active and playing without the warning annoying box!
(some users may feel otherwise thus we/they should be able to change such in options...)

Thanks...

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2002, 09:39:52 pm »

I would love to see the option in Playing now (and other playlists/smartlists) to OR just delete the file from the Playlist/Smartlist OR delete the file
from the whole library OR delete the file from the whole library AND from Harddisk.

Not exactly the same as in media library because there you don't have the option to just delete it from a playlist only.
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Harry The Hipster

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2002, 12:16:20 am »

Agree on both points.

HTH

ZRocker

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2002, 04:25:45 am »

I like the fast delete in Playing Now (MJ8.0) (like Matt states).  However, I think it would be a useful feature to have a or to support a library and hard disk delete.  I would not like to see a confirmation box everytime I try to delete tracks from Playing Now (or playlists).

scub

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2002, 04:35:18 am »

I agree with Matt that Playing Now needs to be quick and easy.  Having to confirm a hard disk delete every time would be to time consuming.  Perhaps an option to turn the confirmation on and off.

SeanC

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2002, 04:36:25 am »

I concur with the need to delete files permanently from Playing Now.

ZRocker's solution is quite elegant.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2002, 07:15:25 am »

ZRocker's "Shift|PLS|Delete" option will be in the next build.

And overhauling the drag-n-drop system a little is something we're talking about doing, but it's too major of a change for version 8 this late in the game.  Maybe 8.1 or 9.0.

Thanks everyone.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

InGearX

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2002, 11:39:48 pm »

When you edit track into (right click -> properties) once done you can not just press ENTER and be done
You need to drag mouse to 'save' and if you are playing this files as you often do and want to edit... you need to click again
I wish this option would also be addressed in future versions...
Thank you so much...

Scronch

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2002, 01:08:01 am »

For songs that I don't rip, I "screen" songs before I import them into MJ (right click in WE, Media jukebox, Play).  When I do import them, in 7.2 I use 'Recently Imported' to work on them.  I personally don't need the disk delete at Playing Now.  But if it doesn't slow things up much, OK with me.

Scronch

Marty

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2002, 03:39:50 am »

And while scronch is talking about it...what happened to "temporary" playlist? In the latest builds, I can't see if a file (played from right-click - Explorer) is temporary anymore (think it used to have a red note in front of it). They also seems to be added to the main media library. Anyone?

Tinitus

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2002, 04:10:02 am »

To the subject about being able to delete files "everywhere" - you can already! Just press shift|PLS|delete and you will get the dialog where you can choose: "Also delete file(s) from hardrive?" (Ver. 8).
One thing i reeeally miss in this dialog is an acceleratorkey for that option (it used to be there in previous version but somehow managed to dissapear). This seams to be case for a lot of the dialogs and menues in ver. 8 so i guess this will be addressed in future releases. Next Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up