INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skipping win MC17 Bad  (Read 1524 times)

jb5200

• Recent member
Skipping win MC17 Bad
« on: October 16, 2013, 06:27:02 am »

Hey there,

I have a laptop with W8 (sucks btw) and I cannot use MC17 at all!!! Any file I try to play through it (.wav, .iso, m2ts, etc) it skips, freezes, slows way down, video/audio gets out of synch, etc. really bad!  When I play those files through any other media player they play fine so I narrowed it down to the media player. 

I have un/re-installed the program 2x thinking that would solve it, I had a friend of mine (he's in IT) go through and uninstall every other program so the only ones on there are the necessary windows/microsoft programs to make the machine run, I've changed the buffering and other settings (I have 2 other computers (W7) with MC17 and they play fine so I put all the settings back to the same as those) and it didn't matter, still same skipping, freezing, etc. I turned off the antivirus and firewall thinking that would be the problem (not sure why since 2 other computers play fine) and nothing.

It doesn't matter if I play the files from the hard drive, external hard drive, server, etc. same thing - skips, freezes, slows way down, etc.  The laptop is an i3, 4gb RAM so it should handle playing a .wav file without a glitch.  Again it's only when I play them through MC17 - any other player works fine, even Windows Media Player, ugh!

I want to use this laptop b/c I want to plug it into the tv to watch movies from it!

Thanks,

Jeff

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Skipping win MC17 Bad
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 08:44:56 am »

so I narrowed it down to the media player.
don't know if that really an empirical conclusion ;D
All the external players have probably been updated since Win 8 has been released; the last version of 17 is from November of  last year. Some functions native to Win8 are probably not supported by version 17 - just guessing but its logical.

Does JRiver work using Direct Direct sound? (ok to be avoided but check if it does, might be a simple windows config to modify).

I'd trying different device settings as there have been changes there for sure - like if you are using ASIO try WASAPI or vice-versa . (and stay away from 8.1 everybody is bitching about that).  Otherwise think of upgrading to version 19 -- major changes since 17 and a big bang for your buck.

gakaudio

• Recent member
Re: Skipping win MC17 Bad
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 10:55:39 am »

I am going to post a separate thread as to not hijack, but thought it useful to post here as well. I have a similar problem, although maybe not as severe.

Example: I add an album to playing now and hit play. When one track advances to the next I get a click or a pop or a skip or a high pitch split second screech. This happens each time the track advances, even if I advance it manually. However, once track 1 and track 2 have already played, if I skip back to track 1, there will no longer be a "bad" sound when going from track 1 to track 2.

I have media center 17 and windows 8 professional 32-bit. I know its not the same issue as OP but sounds similar.

Thanks, Garth
Pages: [1]   Go Up