INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 19.0.54 Problems  (Read 1463 times)

SilverLitz

• Junior Woodchuck
MC 19.0.54 Problems
« on: October 16, 2013, 10:28:38 am »

I am a new user of MC19 (with only 2 months experience with MC18) and am having problems.  I recently updated MC19 to version 19.0.54.  My computers is a modest Athlon duo processor, Dell 570 with 8MB RAM, and running 64-bit Win7.  My DAC is an Audio-gd NFB-28 (have had for 2+ days), with VIA32 USB receiver capable of 32/384K, but not DSD.  I have installed the Audio-gd drivers and am using VIA DirectKS [ASIO] as my Output Mode.

1) In the past two hours, MC19 has crashed several times and produces a "tick" sound every several seconds (it was NOT doing this yesterday).  I am using MC18 right now using Kernal Streaming (ASIO not working with MC18), and there are no "ticks".

2) I have accidentally changed the language in MC19 when I was in Genre view and either right or left clicked something (I think it was a thumbnail) and all the sudden language was changed to Telusuri.  How can I change it back to English?  (I cannot read Telusuri to manage my way through the options tree.)

3) Is there a way for MC19 to display its outputting format, bit-depth, and sample frequency?  I want to make sure my HD downloads are output HD to my DAC, and my Audio-gd NFB-28 DAC does NOT display that info.  I was playing a HDtracks 2013 Sampler (24/96K) and the music did not sound that great (it was sounding better a few days ago and sound better today using MC18).

4) In the Albums view, HDtracks 2013 Sampler does not show up as a single album with multiple tracks, but as multiple albums with a single track each.  I changed the Tag info on all of these to have the same Album name, but MC19 still shows these as multiple albums/thumbnails (though MC has the name changes).  I even changed the Album Art for all the tracks to be the same, but that did NOT help.  Ideally, I would like to have Album art of individual tracks, but have the tracks organized as a single album, but now I seem to have the worse of all combinations.

5) MC19 sometimes (but not always) pauses play for a fraction of second when switch a pane view while playing an album.

6) MC19 frequently pauses when playing a DSD file (converted to ?), but MC18 does NOT pause.

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 19.0.54 Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 11:01:46 am »

I'll help where I can:

2)  In Standard View (Ctrl+1), go to Tools (5th one over).  Go to Language (2nd one from bottom).  Go to English (6th one down).

3)  In Standard View, click on the 3-bar equalizer icon (under the moving equalizer at the top). That will bring up your Audio Path and you can view your output.

4) Select all the tracks and tag the Album-Artist field with (Multiple Artists).

6) There a few currently active threads on DSD file playback.  Might be a good place to start.

SilverLitz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 12:08:58 pm »

Thanks connersw !

I have my language problem fixed.

I found another solution for 3)
In the top pane, showing current playing track; right click
"Show Alternative Display Text" which then displays Sample Freq (but not bitrate)
I still do not know why bitrate was not shown, as [Bitrate (labeled)] was in Play Mode (Main), under "Custom Display"

On 4)  I prefer have the actual artist name not "multiple artist".  I have other samplers that show up as a single album, but have the actual artist name by track.

connersw

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 02:08:22 pm »

Hmm.  Not sure why it doesn't show (it doesn't for me either); however, I think you are looking for Bit Depth, not Bitrate.  My suggestion shows Bit Depth.  It also shows the output, not just the source file info, if MC is doing any processing. 

4) My suggestion was to change Album Artist, not Artist.  This changes the Album Type to Multiple Artists.  You will still have the individual track artist in the Artist field.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Using_Album_Artist_and_Album_Artist_%28Auto%29
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Multiple_Artist_Albums

SilverLitz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 02:37:13 pm »

How can I change Album Artist field?  Tag window only shows Artist field.

connersw

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 04:01:02 pm »

Right click in the Tag Window -> Show All Tags

SilverLitz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 10:36:51 pm »

Thanks! That worked (Album Artist).
Pages: [1]   Go Up