INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weenie Questions  (Read 1043 times)

larryrup

• World Citizen
Weenie Questions
« on: October 16, 2013, 01:35:37 pm »

Five quick questions. Weenie questions I always wanted answers to:

1) If a song is playing and somewhere during the play you hit the forward button to skip it, does it ever count as a play?

2) If you use an shared drive as source file location for music files  for two different PC's running MC locally, will the metadata be the same on both PC's (assume no funny stuff like recent changes still propergating)?

3) What is a the "Stack" field?

4) Is there a  way to "share" and play one file and associate it in both an album's listing and say the same song as part of a Greatest Hits album?

5) Is there a way to prevent song titles that are populated from the CD lookup function, from starting with " Track #1" etc and then followed by the track name, i.e.  populate only the song name?

Grateful to better understand how this stuff works!

Larry Rup

Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Weenie Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 01:48:03 pm »

1) I believe after the song has progress past 50%, it will count as played.  There is also Skip Count.

2) MC will write out file tags, and the other MC should pick them up.  There is also Library Server.

3) Files can be Stacked, and this icon indicates the file's status in the stack.

4) You could use Playlists or your own user field to indicate that a track belongs to virtual albums.  However, Album has some special properties, as MC internally does some work on tracks that belong to a single Album (volume adjustment, album art, setting the status of album completeness, etc.).

5) If the CD lookup data is bad, you can correct it using tools such as Find & Replace, etc.  Then, resubmit the data to JRiver so the lookup is better for the next person down the line.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

gappie

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 02:24:44 pm »

I read question no 5 differently :) ... in that case.. look in the options>filelocations>audio>filename and change that.

:)
gab

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 03:59:22 pm »

Ah, that makes much more sense.  The OP was asking about how to define a template.  Thanks gappie!
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up