INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plug-In Support  (Read 1851 times)

vjbelle

• Junior Woodchuck
Plug-In Support
« on: October 16, 2013, 08:48:12 pm »

Why doesn't JRiver for Mac support plug-ins?  The PC version does and so do all of the competing players.  I have posted regarding this issue to no avail and am amazed that this issue doesn't get addressed.  Am I the only one who would like to see this a working feature??

Just don't get it.........

Victor

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Plug-In Support
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 08:45:06 pm »

I get it and think JRiver gets it too because they have a selection of plugins installed and ready to use.  However, we need better plugins, ones that are graphical and easier to use.   I see there is a facility for installing additional plugins but I hear it doesn't work yet.   I would like more attention paid to plugins - especially EQ, high/low shelf etc. - as these have far more effect on the music than silly things like 2xDSD.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 08:48:38 am »

I get it and think JRiver gets it too because they have a selection of plugins installed and ready to use.  However, we need better plugins, ones that are graphical and easier to use.   I see there is a facility for installing additional plugins but I hear it doesn't work yet.   I would like more attention paid to plugins - especially EQ, high/low shelf etc. - as these have far more effect on the music than silly things like 2xDSD.
Have you explored the Parametric Equalizer built into the Media Center DSP?  There's a long list of functions available including EQ and low and high pass filters.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 01:38:45 pm »

Have you explored the Parametric Equalizer built into the Media Center DSP?  There's a long list of functions available including EQ and low and high pass filters.

Yes I have and they work well.  But I would like graphical versions a la Apple AULabs because they are quicker and easier to use.   

vjbelle

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 08:00:16 am »

I would like to be able to use Fab Filter which is very accurate and has presets that are exchangeable over platforms.  Why can't plugins be implemented?

Victor

vjbelle

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 01:57:44 pm »

I can appreciate the fact that there are some built in enhancements but the Parametric Equalizer you refer to is crude at best.  The numbers are just that..... numbers that don't really indicate what is really happening to the audio signal.  Its obvious that the program was brought over from the PC side and there are indications that plugin support could/should be available......  otherwise why have the VST, WInAmp plug in feature there at all?  So, once again, why cripple this software..... why can't plugin support be implemented? 

Victor

djsallad

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 11:43:10 am »

YES !! Please add plug in support
Pages: [1]   Go Up