INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch 'Get From Internet'  (Read 887 times)

acdalek

Batch 'Get From Internet'
« on: October 19, 2013, 09:46:41 am »

Hi - is there a way I can highlight a large amount of albums and run Cover Art > Get From Internet without having to manually click Next every 20 albums? What I am hoping I can do is just run Get From Internet on my 'Missing Cover Art' Smartlist for a few hours, as long as it takes, and then just save all in one go. It will take a very long time to manually click Next and wait for the next 20 to load as I have 1000s of albums without cover art.

Thanks

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Batch 'Get From Internet'
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 10:50:44 am »

What you can do is first set up a smartlist to include only one song from each album. Then

1) Select all tracks and right click and run.  You are going to have to manually choose each cover however as there are often multiple hits per album. Your look up time will be substantially reduced however. You will get a box that says save and continue

2) Afterwards you would have to run Cover Art =>Save Cover art to external locations (keeping the selection on the tracks)

3) Lastly you would then have to select all the tracks from each album and run Cover Art=>Quick find in File/Cover Art directory.

Note: a) have not done this since version 17 or so

b) my cover art config is having a folder.jpg file in each album folder (this is probably necessary)

This is less tedious than it sounds, however I found this an enormous waste of time because most images I look for must be minimum 600x600px. And often the database either doesn't have the art or the art is real crap, low res. Would recommend trying 100 albums (or albums with Artist starting with A and see if it is actually worth it.

Also you would be putting a strain on the database if you are scrapping 5000 cds, so maybe limit it to a couple hundred a go for other people's sake.

acdalek

Re: Batch 'Get From Internet'
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 08:36:22 pm »

OK thanks for getting back to me. It sounds like there not an easy way to do this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up