INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: nomad jukebox  (Read 4927 times)

engie

nomad jukebox
« on: March 09, 2002, 01:39:10 am »

When I choose Nomad Jukebox in the devices menu my Nomad files show up. I can select a file, but when I try to play by double clicking, nothing happens. When I drop a file on the player place I'll get error message 'Please select file(s) to play.
I'm using MJ 8.0.224 (latest) and have installed the latest Nomad plugin (for MJ 8.0).
What should I do to get MJ playing my Nomad files?

Steve

RE:nomad jukebox
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2002, 04:57:31 am »

engie,

We currently do not support playing files that are on the Nomad Jukebox. You can download tracks onto your PC and then import them into MJ for play, but the direct playing of the files is an open issue. We would like to support playing files but have chosen not to recreate the player controls for the special case of Nomad Jukebox.  We have requested and Creative is considering making the Nomad files available to us in a way that will provide a smooth interface between MJ and Nomad, but this is not a done deal yet.  We will continue to pursue a good solution for this.

Mr.X

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2002, 08:01:21 am »

You should check out JBCommander (using the JBDirect SDK as opposed to Creative's), which currently not only has the ability to control the JB from the PC, but play files on the JB, through the USB, through the PC speakers. Quite I feat, I'm told.

If JRiver were so inclined to release a JBDirect-based plug-in for MJ, there would be many things that could be implemented that are not currently.

JBDirect Home page

Steve

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2002, 12:44:24 pm »

Mr.X,

Other than playback, what other features would you like?

engie

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2002, 08:19:40 am »

Steve & Mr. X
Thanks for answering.

I'm using jb direct already, but I would prefer to have it all in Media jukebox.
MJ is already showing the files on the jukebox and tranfer to PC is possible, so I thought it shouldn't be a problem to have MJ play the files directly, just the way JB direct does.
I hope this will be possible in the near future.

Mr.X

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2002, 08:46:02 am »

That's a can of worms you're opening! =)

I guess the answer is all possible features that you can implement!

Here's a partial list:

Player control from inside MJ.
Playing JB tracks using MJ, using MJ smartlists, playlists, etc.
ID-tag editing of files inside JB (or sync-ing tag info from MJ to JB)
Playlist creation/deletion/renaming inside JB
Obviously, the usual drag/drop cut/paste both directions of tracks and playlists to/from MJ to/from JB

Basically, as much capability as possible with the JB tracks as there is for MJ tracks on the computer.

Not asking for much, am I? =)

Steve

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2002, 09:30:28 am »

Mr.X,

Can you make sure that you have the latest versions of MJ v8 and Nomad Jukebox Plug-in?

The first two items you request...
*Player control from inside MJ.
*Playing JB tracks using MJ, using MJ smartlists, playlists, etc.

are not included but are the ones that I am hoping to add if Creative decides to let us have more control over the playing of files. For better or worse, we have decided to not include playback with the way Creative currently provides access to files. They are considering addressing this in a different way that would give 3rd party software like us more control and arguably a much better result. If this moves forward these two items will be included.

*ID-tag editing of files inside JB (or sync-ing tag info from MJ to JB)

This is already included.  Try either right-clicking and selecting "rename" on an editable field(i.e. trackname, artist,album, etc) or double click on the specific item you want to rename and you will have an edit box to make your corrections.

*Playlist creation/deletion/renaming inside JB

Already in. Try exploring the right-click options on the "PLAY LISTS" icon in the tree or right-click on an existing Playlist for rename and deletion.

*Obviously, the usual drag/drop cut/paste both directions of tracks and playlists to/from MJ to/from JB

Already there. Drag and Drop works when going MJ to JB. If you drag your files to "Nomad Jukebox" we queue the files and then when you select Nomad Jukebox you will have the option to upload. In addition you will have the option to select "Options" which allows you to do Normalization and bitrate conversion on the fly.

If you drag a file to an existing Playlist, MJ will transfer the file and also add it to the appropriate Playlist.

We do not provide Drag and Drop to MJ but you can transfer files to the PC from Nomad by highlighting the files you want to send and then Right Click. This will give you the option to select a path for where you want to send the files. This path is remembered for future transfers.

If there are other features that would be useful let me know. These are cans of worms that I don't mind opening at all. Thanks for the suggestions.

Mr.X

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2002, 11:15:06 pm »

are not included but are the ones that I am hoping to add if Creative decides to let us have more control over the playing of files. For better or worse, we have decided to not include playback with the way Creative currently provides access to files. They are considering addressing this in a different way that would give 3rd party software like us more control and arguably a much better result. If this moves forward these two items will be included.

So you're not interested in trying a plug-in using the JBDirect SDK (and using it to implement the above)?

*ID-tag editing of files inside JB (or sync-ing tag info from MJ to JB)

This is already included. Try either right-clicking and selecting "rename" on an editable field(i.e. trackname, artist,album, etc) or double click on the specific item you want to rename and you will have an edit box to make your corrections.

What I was thinking of is more like the "file properties" dialog that MJ uses for it's regular files. The "rename" system is clunky. Also, there's no track numbers!

Generally, I'd like to see the file window having as much capability as possible so that it works, acts and looks like a normal MJ file window. Why is that window structured differently, with different context menus, different ways of doing things, it should be homogenous with a normal MJ window.

What do you think?

Steve

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2002, 12:18:35 pm »

*So you're not interested in trying a plug-in using the JBDirect SDK (and using it to implement the above)?

Not necessarily. I might be interested in implementing the JBDirect SDK if it provides the functionality that I am unable to get from Creative, namely access to the Nomad Jukebox file information buffer for playback. I did not immediately see this support when I skimmed the documentation for the JBDirect SDK. If you can give me more information on this, that would be great.

*What I was thinking of is more like the "file properties" dialog that MJ uses for it's regular files. The "rename" system is clunky. Also, there's no track numbers!

I disagree that the rename is "clunky".  The right click and rename and double click rename are perfectly consistent with MJ's interface. The "file properties" dialog could be implemented, but for the majority of players we support, this information is not provided and has no function. In regards to track numbers, I am not aware that Creative's SDK supports this information. Obviously JBDirect's does. I will see what I can do.

*Generally, I'd like to see the file window having as much capability as possible so that it works, acts and looks like a normal MJ file window. Why is that window structured differently, with different context menus, different ways of doing things, it should be homogenous with a normal MJ window.

The window for portable devices is different than MJ file windows because it has to be designed in a generic enough way to accomodate a large variety of players and all of the possible varieties of demands of those players. Keep in mind that stand alone applications that only access Nomad Jukebox do not have the overhead of considering connections to other players or to another application (i.e. MJ) I say this not to say that the ideal should not be to be consistent always, but to point out that in your critique of our Plug-in that it is not an apples to apples comparison to imply that anything short of doing everything that a stand alone Nomad application does equates to a plugin that is inherently flawed. An obvious effort has been made to stay close but there are times where it is not possible. Tell me specifically what you want and I can try.

Mr.X

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2002, 01:46:56 pm »

Don't get me wrong - I appreciate the effort. I'm sure a plug-in is not an easy thing to implement, and I don't expect it to necessarily have all the capabilities of a stand-alone piece of software for the device.

However, I've always looked at MJB as the "one-stop-shop" to allow me to do everything I want to do with media in one place, and certainly it does do that for media that's on my computer's harddrive. It doesn't do that for my Nomad Jukebox. I hate having to use 2 and 3 programs to get everything I need, that's why I'm hoping someone will implement the capabilities of programs like JBCommander, MP3Library and Notmad Explorer into a plug-in for MJ.

Also, You did ask!!! =)

As far as looking for more info on JBDirect, I believe in an earlier post I put a link to the site. Alain is also very good at supporting his SDK and I'm sure would be happy to answer any questions you may have, however technical they may be.

Steve

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2002, 02:28:16 pm »

Mr. X,

Fair enough.  I will drop Allain a message and check on the playback question.  Sorry for the frustration before but I am sincere about asking what specific functionality you want. The more specifc the request the better chance that I will implement something that is truly useful for you and for others rather than bloating the Plug-in with marginally useful features.

Alain

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2002, 01:10:27 pm »

Hey guys,

I've read this thread and I'm thinking about hiring 'mr. x.' as my P.R. manager Too bad I have no idea who it is, but it must be somebody who already had contact with me

alain@devconcept
home of JBDirect, the real Nomad SDK!

alain

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2002, 01:14:11 pm »

Steve,

btw, visit http://www.devconcept.com/jbdirect/compared.asp There you'll see the differences between the Creative Labs SDK and JBDirect. The thing you are searching for is

Support streaming while receiving?  no (C.L. SDK) / yes (JBDirect)

Alain

Mr.X

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2002, 03:44:30 pm »

Hey Alain;

You might remember me from such past hits as "Nomadness" where our young hero wanders off in search of the hidden mysteries of "MP3-Library" and "JBCommander" while all the while touting to everyone the virtues of his secret weapon, the Nomad Jukebox.

What is this "Firmware v2.93" and why does Alain not believe in the existence of a possibly a better way, perhaps the "Firmware v3.4"?

Keep up the good work. You must love what you do, there's no way you're in it for the money. My guess is it's only a matter of time before Creative snaps you up, and we'll never hear from you again!

Why aren't there people like you working on an SDK for my stupid Samsung T300 Cell phone? AnyCall? <- Now THAT'S BAD SOFTWARE!!!

Alain

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2002, 11:55:53 pm »

Hi X,

I'm not sure I understand your line about the 3.4 firmware, but in case you talk about the problem with JBDirect and playlists on a FW 3.4 jukebox, this is solved. I have 2 users still complaining about a problem with playlists, but I actually think it isn't a JBDirect problem. For that problem, I'm working together with the developer of the application who has the problem.

About the money: yes, I do it for the money. Didn't you noticed that for every song you play with a JBDirect based application, € 1 is transferred from your account to my account? Keep on playing, guys

Alain

Mr.X

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2002, 11:37:26 am »

Hey Steve;

Check this out:

JBhttp

This app is simplicity itself (for the user)
See now the power of JBDirect!?!

Stebajo

• World Citizen
  • Every move you'll make I'll be here with you
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2002, 05:03:02 am »

I shooted in error, please see the later post... Next Page

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2002, 05:23:24 am »

Hi Steve and Alain, happy to meet you again around the problem!
I'll take an extract
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>If there are other features that would be useful let me know. These are cans of worms that I don't mind opening at all. Thanks for the suggestions.

Oh well, to be more accurate, just because we were adding something...Next Page I think will be usefull have Track, Bitrate & possibly 'Year' info\editable.
Is it necessary cut always the numbers present in explorer file names when send to NJB? Because now is not possible rejoint the right num. sequence of an album, for instance like I do when I order my files by Location in MJ. Now, ordering by Location order in NJB songs without num. seq. files it doesn't big sense... are all obviously on NJB.

Me too think that is a big lost don't use JBDirect infact as for sycronize & many other feathure working.

What do you think Steve?

If you can give a look at mp3-Library v.2.1.0, it integrate many feath. other than a well done mp3-fixer that could be a perfect plus for all MJ users.

I repeat a working JBHTTP URL

http://www.nomadness.net/download.php?op=getit&lid=112

Many thanks to you all!

Steve

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2002, 06:43:12 am »

Hello Stebajo,

---I think will be usefull have Track, Bitrate & possibly 'Year' info\editable.

The trackname field is already editable if you double click on the field, or if you right-click and choose rename.  The year and bitrate are not reported from Nomad's SDK and I have reiterated a request to them to include this information today. If they make it available, I will show this information.

----Is it necessary cut always the numbers present in explorer file names when send to NJB? Because now is not possible rejoint the right num. sequence of an album, for instance like I do when I order my files by Location in MJ. Now, ordering by Location order in NJB songs without num. seq. files it doesn't big sense... are all obviously on NJB.

I am having trouble following what you mean. Could you give me a specific example of what you want and I will try to include it.

----Me too think that is a big lost don't use JBDirect infact as for sycronize & many other feathure working.
What do you think Steve?
If you can give a look at mp3-Library v.2.1.0, it integrate many feath. other than a well done mp3-fixer that could be a perfect plus for all MJ users.
-----------------------

For now we have decided to stick with Creative's SDK even though it has limitations compared to JBDirect. Perhaps we will reevaluate this in the future.

Steve

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2002, 01:37:24 pm »

Stebajo.

In regards to message above, as I reread your message I realize I misread your reference to Track as TrackName. I understand you now to mean Track Number. In the next build of MJ(not available yet) there will be a way with a new Plug-in to display Track Number, Year, and Bitrate info for Nomad Jukebox. There is a problem uploading the Track Number and Year information on Creative's side which also prevents these fields from being modified. I emailed them today and hopefully will hear something so I can get this implemented tomorrow.

Could you still respond to the following so I can try to work it out.......

----Is it necessary cut always the numbers present in explorer file names when send to NJB? Because now is not possible rejoint the right num. sequence of an album, for instance like I do when I order my files by Location in MJ. Now, ordering by Location order in NJB songs without num. seq. files it doesn't big sense... are all obviously on NJB.

I am having trouble following what you mean. Could you give me a specific example of what you want and I will try to include it.

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2002, 02:13:20 pm »

>>>The trackname field is already editable if you double click on the field, or if you right-click and choose rename. The year and bitrate are not reported from Nomad's SDK and I have reiterated a request to them to include this information today. If they make it available, I will show this information.

Yes it's right,the trackname field is already editable, but there is not the Track field, that is already present in in JBDirect.
Year fields is already present in PlayCenter2 & in MP3-Library, but the right info i.e. 2002 instead of '0' is reported only if I send the file to NJB by PlayCenter2 or MP3-Library.
Bitrate it's already present in MP3-Library, but the right info i.e. 192Kb/s instead of '0' is reported only if I send the file to NJB by PlayCenter2 or MP3-Library.

If I must send to NJB for i.e.
01.Joe Satriani-Strange Beautiful Music-Oriental melody.mp3
02.Joe Satriani-Strange Beautiful Music-Belly Dancer.mp3
03.Joe Satriani-Strange Beautiful Music-Starry night.mp3
04.Joe Satriani-Strange Beautiful Music-Chords of life.mp3
and so on of ripped music

When finished of upload to NJB the files, I will see in Location field in NJB:
NJB\Belly Dancer
NJB\Chords of life
NJB\Starry night
NJB\Oriental melody   By casual arrangement Instead of

NJB\01.Joe Satriani-Strange Beautiful Music-Oriental melody.mp3
NJB\02.Joe Satriani-Strange Beautiful Music-Belly Dancer.mp3
NJB\03.Joe Satriani-Strange Beautiful Music-Starry night.mp3
NJB\04.Joe Satriani-Strange Beautiful Music-Chords of life.mp3
Like you can see in MP3-Library Filename & as they really are in Nomad Jukebox, but not in NJB Location in MJ; At this point (time), without Track field & with too simple Location info, try to rebuild the right sequence of thousands of ripped album if you can...

Infact later, if I try to copy the files back to PC by MJ I'll have:
Belly Dancer.mp3
Chords of life.mp3
Starry night.mp3
Oriental melody.mp3

But if I use MP3-Library to copy back to PC I'll have the rights:
03.Joe Satriani-Strange Beautiful Music-Starry night.mp3
04.Joe Satriani-Strange Beautiful Music-Chords of life.mp3

These are the causes for which is no possible to use only MJ.
Than could be usefull that MJ could have an overwrite choice, because seems that NJB can't see all the files already present in Nomad Jukebox, perhaps an  ID3v1 & ID3v2 info tag issue that PlayCenter2 & MP3-Library see in right way.

>>>For now we have decided to stick with Creative's SDK even though it has limitations compared to JBDirect. Perhaps we will reevaluate this in the future.

OK, make your good choice, I want just remember that for I.E. MP3-Library v.210 that uses JBDirect 310 has 13 info fields: Title, Artist, Album, Size, Genre, Track, Year, Bitrate, Freq, Mode, Length, Type & Filename against MJ's NJB & PC2 that are using 8 info fields; other than implementing the minor important internal Nomad Jb DSP in front of best MJ DSP.

I hope to have a little cleared my previous post and to demonstrate that is not so simple to keep an updated Nomad JB database.

Thanks of comprehension, Next Page
always yours
Stebajo

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2002, 02:20:57 pm »

>>> I emailed them today and hopefully will hear something so I can get this implemented tomorrow.

Nice to be hearing this from you!
Next Page

MP3-Library 210
http://www.jumpingcholla.com/jce_trapper.htm

Steve

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2002, 10:40:33 am »

Stebajo,

I have not yet heard from Creative to fix what you correctly observe as a problem reporting the Year and Track Number.  When you get the next build of MJ(availble later today?) and the latest Plugin (v. 3.0.17) you will be able to see these fields but with the same limitations you observe for Playcenter2.

----Is it necessary cut always the numbers present in explorer file names when send to NJ......

Maybe I am still not following you. To duplicate what you report I renamed two files to the following:

When I copied these to my Nomad they reported as:

When I copied them back to a folder called "Temp" on my PC they appeared in "Temp" as:

Temp\01.Joe Satriani-Strange Beautiful Music-Oriental melody.mp3
Temp\02.Joe Satriani-Strange Beautiful Music-Belly Dancer.mp3

I am not sure what I am missing from your description.  Perhaps you could email me a few files and I will try to duplicate what you see (steve@jriver.com).

--...seems that NJB can't see all the files already present in Nomad Jukebox, perhaps an ID3v1 & ID3v2 info tag issue that PlayCenter2 & MP3-Library see in right way.

Are you saying that you have files that are visible on Nomad Jukebox with PlayCenter2 and MP3-Library, but are not visible with MJ? If so can you send me an example?

Thanks,

Steve

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2002, 02:33:23 pm »

Hi Steve,

>>>Maybe I am still not following you. To duplicate what you report I renamed two files to the following:

When I copied these to my Nomad they reported as:

When I copied them back to a folder called "Temp" on my PC they appeared in "Temp" as:

Temp\01.Joe Satriani-Strange Beautiful Music-Oriental melody.mp3
Temp\02.Joe Satriani-Strange Beautiful Music-Belly Dancer.mp3

It will be a lucky event to see in my Location field NJB\01.Joe Satriani-Strange Beautiful Music-Oriental melody.mp3, I repeted your action again with this usual result: NJ\Oriental Melody, like others 2231 files in my Nomad: NJ\Name of song!
But what's your firmware? I have 2.95 now, but with 2.94 was the same; let me know...

>>>--...seems that NJB can't see all the files already present in Nomad Jukebox, perhaps an ID3v1 & ID3v2 info tag issue that PlayCenter2 & MP3-Library see in right way.

Are you saying that you have files that are visible on Nomad Jukebox with PlayCenter2 and MP3-Library, but are not visible with MJ? If so can you send me an example?

Yes, in MP3-Library I can see 2635 songs for 200h 50m 16sec to be more precise, against 2231-2119-2227... the total number could change by time to time in NJB.
Selecting some songs in the list, could be possible to have the total info number at the bottom of window like PC2 does?

Thanks,

Stefano me too, as Steve in italian lang. Next Page

Stefano

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2002, 06:02:47 am »

Stebajo,

I have firmware 2.95e from 2-27-2002.  Creative sent me this to correct some problems they were having and I am not sure what parts of it are incorporated in the 2.95 that is posted.  Could you send me a file or two, preferably one that does not display correctly and one that does not display at all and I will try transferring them to see what might be going on?

steve@jriver.com

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2002, 08:07:40 am »

Ok Steveno, Next Page   I'll be happy to send you some visible and invisible songs trying to discover this mysterious issue.
At the last check, NJB reported 2220 total songs, 2613 for PlayCenter2, MP3-Library 2613 like JBCommander3.0.0.1.
For all the setting are for to see & transfer only MP3, Wav & WMA.
I have firmware 2.95 from 3-30-2002, Nomad Jukebox plug-in 3.0.16 from Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.270.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.270

CPU: AMD Athlon 1609 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 107 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.70.

I'll see you later,

Stefano

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2002, 09:00:27 am »

Ok Steve,
7 songs are 'on fly' to your way: about 15-20 min. again and you'll be served!

Bye & of course, have a nice afternoon with good music.

Matt Rose

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2002, 09:00:24 pm »

Hi - I hope someone can help me.... I have a strange problem with Media Jukebox not working with the Nomad Jukebox. It works fine in PlayCentre 2 (apart  from having to use the pc2 software...) but in Media Jukebox the files arent transferring properly. I choose the files to transfer, they go in the queue, and when I click upload files it goes through as if it is uploading them without a problem - but after it is finished (going through every single file) it only shows a few of the files, with multiples of them where the others should be. On the Nomad Jukebox it only shows those files as well, but does not show the multiples. When deleting them from the jukebox using MJ it gives me an error and then deletes them.

Hopefully someone has a solution to my problem,

Thanks,

Matt

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2002, 05:43:07 am »

>>>when I click upload files it goes through as if it is uploading them without a problem - but after it is finished (going through every single file) it only shows a few of the files, with multiples of them where the others should be. On the Nomad Jukebox it only shows those files as well, but does not show the multiples. When deleting them from the jukebox using MJ it gives me an error and then deletes them.

Hi Matt Rose,
I've the same problem of invisible files in NJB, so as every time you connect Nomad JB to MJB you could find a different total number of files in NJB, but luckily they are again there and Steve is investigating about this strange issue.
Personally, I find useful MP3-Library to check the real situation, also is nice that you can run it during NomadJB-MJB connection because it use another SDK (JBDirect 3.10).
About multiple items in NJB and left Tree, I think it could be a cache issue, you can try to trash Nomad Cache. Steve, about this,  to force its rebuilding, where is NJB cache? I never found it. <Next Page>

Just a question, what do you read in your NJ Location field? I see always & only: NJ\Title of song instead of NJ\Track-Artist-Album-Title like Steve does.

If you can give a try to JBHTTP to simply play Nomad JB in streaming and using MJB DSP! Run it and copy and paste 'http://localhost:8880/' to your browser.

Steve,
to be shure I've deleted end reuploaded the 14 songs of 'Strange Beautiful Music' by Satriani, now I can see only 4 songs, as usual forgetting Track and Year info, but now these fields are clean insted of '0' like in previous plug-in build: Belly Dancer, Chords Of Life, Oriental Melody & Traveler; note that Chords Of Life is 1 of files that I sent to you as 'Invisible' because I wasn't able to see it before, sorry.

Stebajo

Steve

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2002, 11:11:48 am »

Matt and Stebajo,

Please download the latest Nomad Jukebox Plug-in (Version 3.0.18) and I think all of the strange file behavior problems you have seen will be fixed. FYI the problem was a tagging issue and the way Creative's SDK handled the transfer of differently tagged files (ID3v1 vs ID3v2 or no tags). Anyway, this is fixed.

In case anyone has been following Stebajo's filenaming issue, here is the way to handle this situation from an email I sent to Stebajo...

1)  Filenaming is not the way you would like (i.e. 01.Joe Satriani-Strange Beautiful Music-Oriental melody.mp3 appears as NJ\Oriental melody.mp3)

In MJ the "Name" field for the file above is "Oriental melody" and this is how MJ stores this file. You want Nomad Jukebox to display one name for the file and MJ to display the shorter name. This is not recommended although we have a way to do this. If you would like Nomad Jukebox to have the actual file name (i.e. 01.Joe Satriani-Strange Beautiful Music-Oriental melody.mp3) you should select "Properties" on the file with the right click and then select "Tools" and "Fill Properties from Filename". If you select the checkbox next to "Filename:" and type "NAME" in the drop box, when you say OK the naming will be the way you want it and the files will be transferred correctly to MJ.  The downside of this will be that the "Name" field will also be changed in MJ. If this is not what you want, you can change it back by rightclicking, selecting properties and tools and Fill Properties form Filename and then entering "TRACK#.ARTIST-ALBUM-NAME" tp put the files back to what they were before.

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2002, 09:30:05 pm »

Hi Steve!
I dowloaded just now your new plug-in Version 3.0.18 and at first look I can see only 2208 songs against 2613 reported by PC2 (always by usual incomplete Creative's SDK), MP3-Library and as every software using JBDirect SDK; well this is irritating me a bit.

>>>I think all of the strange file behavior problems you have seen will be fixed. FYI the problem was a tagging issue and the way Creative's SDK handled the transfer of differently tagged files (ID3v1 vs ID3v2 or no tags). Anyway, this is fixed.

Well, I can't believe it because if it should  be true the total number of songs reported in NJB has to be right: 2613. Isn't it?

Anyhow I tryed to use "Fill Properties from Filename" and upload it to NJB: yes now NJB Location field report NJ\06.The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night, right! This can help to find the original sequence of an album songs, i.e. clicking in first on location and then on album.
If I download it back to PC I obtain the right file: 06.The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night, as you said.

>>>The downside of this will be that the "Name" field will also be changed in MJ. If this is not what you want, you can change it back by rightclicking, selecting properties and tools and Fill Properties form Filename and then entering "TRACK#.ARTIST-ALBUM-NAME" tp put the files back to what they were before.

Yes, this issue could be bigger than  fix, infact many songs have names like:

07_Dj_Vortex_-_Spacecraft-iDC.mp3
10-Max_Gazz_-In_quest_anno_di_non_amore.mp3
Melanie_Thornton_-_Wonderful_Dream_(Coca-Cola_Song)_Maxi_-_02_-_Wonderful_Dream_(Holidays_are_coming)_Mix.mp3

So we could have a solution, but its downside is a problem.
And now?

>>>2) You cannot find all your files.
Here is what I think I have found. The Nomad SDK does not handle files that do not have ID3v1 tags correctly. I have found that any files that have ID3v1 tags are fine. However, files that have neither ID3v1 or ID3v2 tags, or only ID3v2 tags exhibit strange behavior like they report back as if they are on the player but are not physically there at all. I have a couple of options to make this work better, but cannot get it to work right without an update from Creative.  I will check on Monday and if I do not have anything, I will post a new Plug-in that will be flawed but will handle this situation better.

I am having trouble following what you mean. Because I can't find difference or something of wrong in ID3v1 tag i.e. between

01.Mary J Blige - No More Drama (New Ed.) - Love.mp3 again NOT Visible (ID3v1 only)
and
02.Mary J Blige - No More Drama (New Ed.) - Family Affair.mp3 (ID3v1 only) it was in NOT Visible songs that I sent you, but now after uploaded again with MP3-Library, become Visible.

If you have again them, please give a check to their ID3 tags and let me know what have you found of wrong.

Thanks
Stebajo

Steve

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2002, 07:03:08 am »

Stebajo,

---Well, I can't believe it because if it should be true the total number of songs reported in NJB has to be right: 2613. Isn't it?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No...  One of the side effects of the way changed tags were handled before I included the fixed Plug-in was that the files would appear to be on the player, but would not actually be there. For example a file could be counted and its information could be seen, but if you try to play or delete the file, you will get an error or be unable to play the file. Another possibility would be that the file is reported as on the player, but if you seek for it, you will not find it. You can confirm this by finding a file that is displayed in Playcenter or JBDirect that is not present in MJ and then try to find/play this file on Nomad Jukebox. If it does not work, then you have confirmed what I think is true. The fix for this is to remove the files and upload new versions with the new Plug-in that will transfer these files correctly.

----Yes, this issue could be bigger than fix, infact many songs have names like:
07_Dj_Vortex_-_Spacecraft-iDC.mp3
10-Max_Gazz_-In_quest_anno_di_non_amore.mp3
Melanie_Thornton_-_Wonderful_Dream_(Coca-Cola_Song)_Maxi_-_02_-_Wonderful_Dream_(Holidays_are_coming)_Mix.mp3
So we could have a solution, but its downside is a problem.
And now?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would recommend using "Fill properties from Filename" so that all your files are named consistently in MJ and on your PC as well as on Nomad Jukebox.

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2002, 10:02:27 am »

Steve,

---No... One of the side effects of the way changed tags were handled before I included the fixed Plug-in was that the files would appear to be on the player, but would not actually be there.

Yes, this issue is frequent in MJ's NJB, but not with other progs, comprending PC2; sorry.

---For example a file could be counted and its information could be seen, but if you try to play or delete the file, you will get an error or be unable to play the file.

I am having trouble following what you mean. I never found a file that its information could be seen and if I try to play or delete the file I get an error or be unable to play the file, comprending MJ's NJB; Lucky?
But many files that I can delete, play or modify its tag always comprending PC2 are not visible on MJ's NJB, so if I need play or delete it, I must use another program.
For example I'm on NJB and I can not find a file that I remembered to have, it's natural than that I  left click on Media Library to look for the file and try to upload it to NJB again, but i get an irritating error saying that the file is  present, but where? Wasn't it able to see it? BUT WHY? I was only trying to help it... but no! Again I must open just another program to find it, delete or play it, making me loose a lot of time.
Another irritating issue of NJB is that by time to time I can see a different total number of songs present in Nomad JB; now in NJB I can read 2217 tot. files, BUT WHY? WASN'T 2208 as in my previous post? And I have not modified anything.
Can you answer about this strange issue?
Because I can't check file by file if it will be present in NJB after uploading many files on it, usually I'll just check if the new total number of files on it could be right; but if I cannot believe to NJB total number of songs... it's hard to understand the new situation without open again i.e. MP3-Library. Other that again uploading files to Nomad JB by MJ make me loose of course important info like Track Number & Year field; not by for example, with PlayCenter2.

Using different SDK, you can fairly check by yourself the above issues (almost fixed in JBDirect) opening in the mean time, as I said in 1 of my previous post, one JBDirect progs because it has all the visible fields. I suggest you MP3-Lib.
Anyhow, uploading files to the Nomad by PC2, though it has not all the JBDirect tag fields, it does not loose any info tag field present or not in PC2.

---I would recommend using "Fill properties from Filename" so that all your files are named consistently in MJ and on your PC as well as on Nomad Jukebox.

If you too find that all the above issues are true, you'll confirm and I think, you'll also comprend that it will be unluckily many more easier upload files to Nomad by another prog than MJ's NJB.  Next Page

This is my $ 0,02 cent...  Next Page

Thanks

Stebajo

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2002, 10:08:28 am »

Hi Steve again,

--->>>2) You cannot find all your files.
Here is what I think I have found. The Nomad SDK does not handle files that do not have ID3v1 tags correctly. I have found that any files that have ID3v1 tags are fine. However, files that have neither ID3v1 or ID3v2 tags, or only ID3v2 tags exhibit strange behavior like they report back as if they are on the player but are not physically there at all. I have a couple of options to make this work better, but cannot get it to work right without an update from Creative. I will check on Monday and if I do not have anything, I will post a new Plug-in that will be flawed but will handle this situation better.

I am having trouble following what you mean. Because I can't find difference or something of wrong in ID3v1 tag i.e. between

01.Mary J Blige - No More Drama (New Ed.) - Love.mp3 again NOT Visible (ID3v1 only)
and
02.Mary J Blige - No More Drama (New Ed.) - Family Affair.mp3 (ID3v1 only) it was in NOT Visible songs that I sent you, but now after uploaded again with MP3-Library, become Visible.

If you have again them, please give a check to their ID3 tags and let me know what have you found of wrong.

Thanks
Stebajo

Steve

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2002, 11:53:09 am »

Hello Stebajo,

Please download the latest Plug-in (version 3.0.19) and the display problems will hopefully go away. Creative's SDK does not always report file information (such as Artist, Album, etc) correctly. This can not be duplicated in Playcenter2 because they are not using what they have given me to build my Plug-ins. Until the latest Plug-in I relied on this information to show the files in MJ. In the latest version, for files that do not report correctly, you will still see them in MJ but the track information will say "
Please let me know how it is working out.

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2002, 04:36:35 pm »

Hi Steve,
I'm happy to inform you that: Yeah you got it!
Now NJB report 2624 files, RIGHT! Next Page

A little step is done, yes now I think to have more than 4 hundred  files with titles only and all other info fields are forgotten, but thank to you they are at least there on NJB and not more invisible in MJ's NJB!

---This can not be duplicated in Playcenter2 because they are not using what they have given me to build my Plug-ins.

Yes, in my opinion they are known to be really big bastards making you working and all of us crazy. But if you are always shure and stuck on their usually incomplete SDK & software loosing all other info fields and open-source capabilities... oh well, it shouldn't be different and I am again youthful, I can wait...

Thanks again

Stebajo

Steve

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2002, 06:38:49 am »

Stebajo,

I am glad it is working better for you now. Thanks for your persistence. I could not have gotten to the bottom of this without your help.  I will keep after Creative to get the reporting to work better so you don't have all the "Unknow" information.

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2002, 08:08:18 am »

Wow Steve!
Today perhaps because NJB has rebuild its cache (where is it?)I can se a total of 11 info fields, that's good news!
Infact now I see Year & Track(number) info fields and they contain right infos too, and this is really a good news and a big step! Great.
Well, to give you more reports and views I can add that if I delete and Upload again to NJB a file of those that I before saw as reporting only Title & Location fields, and all others fields as UNKNOWN, now is different:
All the fields in NJB are reporting right infos except for those 2 fields you later added, like Year (clear info) and and Track# (reporting a '0').
But if I upload to Nomad JB the same file but by i.e. MP3-Library instead of MJ's NJB I'll see all the 11 fields reporting RIGHT INFOS, and this  makes us nearer to the target!!! Next Page Next Page Next Page!!! (reWOW! )    Infact this very good news fixs a large problem of mine: to rebuild the right sequence of an album Tracks conteined in NJB or like quickly find all the tracks that are comprending  an album. For what all this? Of course to have a better control of my Nomad Tracks and in particular because I now can rightly hope to use the Nomad JB as a player directly by Media Jukebox's NJB in a near future. >Next Page

Well, dear Steve you have done a very good job!!!

Many, many thanks!

Stebajo

P.S. Yesterday night I turned off my PC and I was a little dejected because I had understood that your hard job could be useless because too, too much depending from 'their' support (when you too have seen what things is able to JBDirect); and all the Nomad JB owners well known their limited sofware and in particular their limited support.
But today is a new day and I'm again nourishing great hopes in your hard work.

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2002, 08:29:26 am »

We was before writing messages at the mean time, so I had lost your new answer to my previous post.
Oh, thanks for your kindly words and they are really welcome, thanks.  Next Page

Stebajo

Steve

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2002, 08:51:49 am »

Stebajo,

Thanks for your reply. Here is a summary of what I think are the unresolved issues for the Nomad Jukebox Plug-in. I assume that you got the track renaming (i.e. TRACKNUM.ARTIST-ALBUM-FILENAME) working with the "Fill Properties from Filename" selection which is not controlled by Nomad. If I have left anything out, please let me know.

1) Inability to upload "Year" and "TrackNumber" information. This information can be reported correctly for files that are on Nomad Jukebox, but cannot be transferred using our Plug-in based on Creative's SDK.

-- Creative is working on expanding the SDK to allow this feature.  

2) Inability to correctly report field information for all files.

-- Creative is working on this limitation in their SDK.

3) Direct playback of Nomad Jukebox files from within MJ.

-- Creative is considering giving us access to the file stream to make this possible.  

I think these are the priorities for now and I will move forward as soon as possible.

Thanks again.

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2002, 09:46:51 am »

Steve,

---I assume that you got the track renaming (i.e. TRACKNUM.ARTIST-ALBUM-FILENAME) working with the "Fill Properties from Filename" selection which is not controlled by Nomad. If I have left anything out, please let me know.

I tryed it, but as I said before the downside of this is bigger in my opinion than that it can fix, in particular now that you have made Tracks# working, even if only uploaded by another program. So I prefer have less 'Location' info, less work, but a better clear order in MJ list and fix the right sequence of an album issue simply right clicking before on 'Tracks#' than on 'Album', instead of on 'Location'(Of course I assume that all those locations have to be in NJB\Title).

---3) Direct playback of Nomad Jukebox files from within MJ.

-- Creative is considering giving us access to the file stream to make this possible.

So you can confirm that all my great hopes have well placed.  <Next Page>
That's good news!

Stebajo

Steve

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2002, 11:32:42 am »

Stebajo,

Probem #1 is mostly fixed.  With the latest Plug-in (3.0.21) which includes a new dll from Creative, you can now transfer Track Number and Year information. Editing the information on files on Nomad Jukebox is still a problem, but they are working on it.

Have a good weekend.

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2002, 06:05:47 pm »

Steve,
I'm glad to hear another good news and that you are working on it.

Thanks and have a good weekend you too!

Stebajo

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2002, 10:03:37 am »

Hi Steve,
I went away for almost 10 days so I'm just now updating my files; before formatting the Nomad JB I tested your plug-in and the next week I'll let you see the result of the new large upload.

---1) Inability to upload "Year" and "TrackNumber" information. This information can be reported correctly for files that are on Nomad Jukebox, but cannot be transferred using our Plug-in based on Creative's SDK.
---Probem #1 is mostly fixed. With the latest Plug-in (3.0.21) which includes a new dll from Creative, you can now transfer Track Number and Year information. Editing the information on files on Nomad Jukebox is still a problem, but they are working on it.  <Next Page> Again on their creature?

Ok, to be more precise, give a look to my "Year" and "TrackNumber" information as NJB  can see those:

This followed by other 8 main windows full of , I can just estimate about 400 files, infact there isn't a total selected files number at the bottom.
Anyhow, note that because there isn't an Overwrite command (could be nice) I before deleted the selected '80 Bars' like 'A Man' By Alanis M. ( too) & reuploaded them with your plug-in... but Alanis is perfectly red:

The two files have ID3v1 & 2  in MJB's Properties\Format and don't have apparent difference.
Though MP3-Library may confirm that files are well upl.d there and with all infos, luckily:

Now I do not want make you crazy, but the Creatives' SDK  seems out of our times and even if I know that MJ is not a Nomad softw. hope greatly in a JBDirect plug-in for the 9 build... I don't have big confidence in Creative support, are you thinking to their pains for JB3? I'm worrying it could be a blind street also if I believe in your work and respect your choices.

P.S. turning off Nomad JB & restarting MJB magically, but not often...

Have a nice weekend of well earned relax,

Stebajo

Listening to: 'Indigo' from 'The Rite of Strings' by 'Al di Meola, Stanley Clarke, J.L.Ponty' on Media Jukebox

Steve

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2002, 06:16:28 am »

Hello Stebajo,

I would like to take a look at the images you attached, but I cannot see them.  Could you make sure you are posting them in the format notated under "Posting Help" (i.e. [img=Your image address]).

Thanks,

Steve

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2002, 09:50:21 am »

Hi Steve!
It's strange, time ago I disabled IE cache and today I can again see them..., anyhow if you are shure to have a good IE Explorer I'm reposting them, let me know without hurry at least if it is a your or mine issue.  Next Page
Ok, to be more precise, give a look to my "Year" and "TrackNumber" information as NJB  can see those:

This followed by other 8 main windows full of , I can just estimate about 400 files, infact there isn't a total selected files number at the bottom.
Anyhow, note that because there isn't an Overwrite command (could be nice) I before deleted the selected '80 Bars' like 'A Man' By Alanis M. ( too) & reuploaded them with your plug-in... but Alanis is perfectly red:

The two files have ID3v1 & 2  in MJB's Properties\Format and don't have apparent difference.
Though MP3-Library may confirm that files are well upl.d there and with all infos, luckily:

P.S. I was turning off Nomad JB & restarting MJB magically, but not often...

Tell me If you have again problems to visualize and I'll send them by e-mail.

Ciaaoooo, I'm leaving!

Have an happy party and a nice week-end.

Stebajo

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2002, 10:01:57 am »

steve

He is not posting from a url, he is trying to img from his drives.

this is one of his locations "file:///J:/Download/Immagini/strip.bmp"
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Steve

« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2002, 10:09:42 am »

Stebajo,

In order for me to see the images, you will need to post them on a website and then link to the images. If you don't mind emailing them to me, that might be easier. My email is steve @ jriver.com.  I will be out on Monday but will take a look when I return.

Thanks,

Steve

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2002, 11:04:02 am »

Aaaaha!
Sorry boys for my confusion.   Next Page

I had posted here in Forum many images in the same way hopeing to make my posts clearer with this result... well!

Beh, yes for this time it's easyer for me send you an e-mail; sorry again for the forum.

My e-mail is flying over Atlantic Ocean to you, Steve.

I'll come back home not early than wednesday.

Bye boys!

Stebajo

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2002, 07:17:40 am »

I added the right links to one of my previous post with dead screen shots link, just to make it more clear...

Sorry,

Stebajo
Pages: [1]   Go Up