INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Continued crashes  (Read 2433 times)

jlyness

• Junior Woodchuck
Continued crashes
« on: October 20, 2013, 08:15:07 pm »

I had been having regular crashes (sudden application quit) when analyzing audio, as per prior posting. It did happen with manual analysis as well as on import; even when I could get specific files to be analyzed on 2nd or 3rd try, it would crash later on other files. So I've given up analyzing audio. But now it is crashing on adding files to the library after import, irregularly but often enough to be really annoying, even without analyzing the audio. Re-import after app re-start does seem to work ok. Log attached. Thanks for any insights you have on this.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Continued crashes
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 08:40:06 am »

Is there a particular file that crashes repeatedly on import?  If so, please send me that file via dropbox and I can take a look. Thanks.

If there's nothing repeatable like that, just send a few more logs and I'll see if I can gleen anything from them.  Also a Mac crash report might be helpful.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

jlyness

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 09:29:07 am »

Thanks. No, not one file, as on re-start I can import all the files, but then the crash happens on some subsequent set of files to import. Will send you logs and, if I can figure out how, the mac crash report, as future crashes occur.

jlyness

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 07:41:45 pm »

Another crash, this one a spinning beach ball for a long time requiring a force quit. Happened after I had started an import and then tried to stop the import. JRiver log attached. I don't have an Apple crash report from this one, but have attached crash reports from the prior crashes (self-quits during imports). Thanks.

JohnT

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 03:18:18 pm »

When you experience a crash, then restart and dump a log, it's best to provide the "Previous Log.txt" as well as "Log.txt".  The previous one will have info pertaining to the crash that occurred.
The crashes that I looked at in the Apple reports seem to point to drag & drop and using regular expressions.
Do you have some custom library fields using regular expressions?

jlyness

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 03:43:30 pm »

Sorry, will do next time. I don't have custom fields, but I did use expressions to edit a few tracks. The crash did not happen at the time I was doing that, though.

jlyness

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 08:35:13 pm »

2 more crashes, now on .65 and Mavericks, during routine tasks such as changing a tag on a few tracks. MC and OS X logs attached. Thanks. I am about to update to .67.

jlyness

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 06:20:06 pm »

Continued frequent crashes (sudden quits) for me, now on 19.072. Crashes mostly occur at the end of importing files (which import fine on re-start), or on adding cover art via the "paste from Clipboard" command (which used to work for me in MC 18). Adding cover art from a file rather than a paste works ok. Crash reports attached from the most recent 2 on adding cover art.

rilke1999

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 02:21:40 am »

I have the same Problem with Mavericks and .72. Especially when doing background tasks like converting and than doing trivial things like Help-> About Mediacenter it crashes. The lib is about 120000 files. (DSF, FLAC, ALC)

tester

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 12:30:45 pm »

same here...

new problem...in older versions this was working...
when i start the auto import ir crashes immediately?

plz help...

JohnT

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 03:03:21 pm »

Hey guys, please install the latest build (73 was just posted).  We fixed a major cause of instability in the last couple of builds.  Sorry for the trouble.

tester

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 04:11:03 pm »

;D

cool...thanks

djsallad

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2013, 02:59:03 am »

I get continued crashes all the time when I try to play some music. I need some help with this

jlyness

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 06:43:13 am »

Still happened on .74; imported music and the app just quit at the end of the process. My music is on a NAS, incidentally, but the NAS is functioning perfectly and music playback from it using MC is never a problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up