INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Anyone Get Recorded TV Movies To Show As 'Movies'?  (Read 1203 times)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Does Anyone Get Recorded TV Movies To Show As 'Movies'?
« on: October 21, 2013, 11:53:10 am »

All of my TV movies recorded in MC19 (and previous) end up as 'TV shows'. In other words the Media Sub Type becomes TV Show instead of 'Movie'.

This necessitates my having to select each recorded TV Movie in Standard View and change the tag Media Sub Type to 'Movie'. Then I have to 'Get Movies & TV Info' to get the Movie Description, etc, Cover & Backdrops.

I don't understand why MC doesn't do all this automatically. It does do it if I record TV Movies in another program and Import them.

Does anyone have this working automatically? Perhaps I have just been doing something wrong. (Hope that's the case!)

Thanks.

Cheers,
Rod

CountryBumkin

Re: Does Anyone Get Recorded TV Movies To Show As 'Movies'?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 12:27:48 pm »

I know that MC used to mark recorded TV Movies as subtype=Movie (I think it was based on the length of the show). But make my life easier I changed the tagging rules so that anything recorded to the directoy "Recorded TV" would have the subtype "TV Show" as that is 99 percent of what I record. So I can't say if, or when, MC may have stopped deciding for you what kind of media subtype each recording is.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 12:29:43 pm »

Mine do, but I don't use MC to record them.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 01:13:21 pm »

I am seeing the same behavior as the OP.  I don't recall it ever working any differently, but I don't record a lot of movies, so I probably won't know anyway.  I just wanted to confirm, I am seeing the same behavior.

Alex

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 01:29:19 pm »

Country Bumkin - I wonder if those that you saw as 'Movie' were imported? I have never had one Movie that MC recorded show as Media Sub Type of Movie.

Glynor - Same here, when I record the Movies by other than MC and import them they do show as Media Sub type Movie.

eapool - Thanks very much for confirming the same behavior.

JRiver - Would it be difficult to have Carnac work its magic on TV Movies that it records the same way it does as those it imports? We record a lot of movies and having to do all this tagging work manually is frustrating. Thank you.

Cheers,
Rod

Pages: [1]   Go Up