INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone having any trouble with Mavericks?  (Read 4039 times)

lobo85

• World Citizen
Anyone having any trouble with Mavericks?
« on: October 22, 2013, 04:11:33 pm »

It was released for free today and I was wondering how JRiver was running for anyone that had been running the previews. Or if JRiver was ready for
Mavericks in general.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Anyone having any trouble with Mavericks?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 04:12:58 pm »

I haven't noticed any issues yet with light use.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

lobo85

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 04:17:21 pm »

Cool I was worried about how it would handle hdmi audio out due to its new multiple display method any info on that?

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 04:19:46 pm »

That I haven't tried.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

lobo85

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 04:22:57 pm »

Guess I'll just go ahead and bite the bullet....

rkhorton

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 08:22:49 pm »

Installed Mavericks a few hours ago. Have had one program crash and also note that the sound output seems different. Maybe darker and less extension on top. I may also be noting some distortion not found before. Perhaps smearing or timing errors. Did double check that nothing was changed in the output device and settings. Would be curious to know if others have noticed these things. Regards, Richard. PS: How are people ripping to MC Mac 19?

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
  • "Science is not a democracy"-Earl Geddes, Ph.D.
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 08:11:55 am »

PS: How are people ripping to MC Mac 19?
We're not.  It's not supported yet. 

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

cbridgeford

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 07:09:32 pm »

Installed Mavericks a few hours ago. Have had one program crash and also note that the sound output seems different. Maybe darker and less extension on top. I may also be noting some distortion not found before. Perhaps smearing or timing errors. Did double check that nothing was changed in the output device and settings. Would be curious to know if others have noticed these things. Regards, Richard. PS: How are people ripping to MC Mac 19?

I am currently re-ripping all my music from CD to FLAC using XLD.  I find the sound quality to be noticeably better than the same disks ripped to Apple lossless, and I am no longer using iPhones or iPods for portable music.  As always, your mileage may differ.  After ripping, I simply import the folder(s) into MC. 

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 09:04:39 am »

I've had very few problems with Mavericks in general, and absolutely none with MC since I installed the GM.

HDMI Audio out works on my current-gen Ivy Mac Mini.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

lobo85

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 12:25:26 pm »

I installed Mavericks and everything in JRiver pretty much operates the same as it did in Mountain Lion. ;D  My Hdmi audio out works, but because it is going through a receiver the subwoofer that is connected to that receiver does not receive any signal info from JRiver like it would from say my PS3 when I am playing a game, and so it remains silent and off. :( This was also happening on Mountain Lion and I have had a topic here at this page http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84484.0 since about the 17th and am surprised no one has noticed it yet. I'm in no hurry though as my speakers are pretty powerful on there own anyway.

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 08:03:36 pm »

Working like a charm for me so far, but I am only two hours in...;)

Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

sebassie

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 02:33:53 am »

After upgrading to Mavericks both Media Center 18 and Media Center 19 show ‘unregistered’. Even downloading a new key does not work. HELP needed! Edit: After 3 attempts Media Center 19 is registered now. When trying to register Media Center 18 there is a message saying that there is a problem communicating with the license server. I finally reinstalled Media Center 18. After this Media Center 18 even won't run (Message: Cant' be opened because it is from an unidentified developer).

JohnT

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 02:11:18 pm »

After upgrading to Mavericks both Media Center 18 and Media Center 19 show ‘unregistered’. Even downloading a new key does not work. HELP needed! Edit: After 3 attempts Media Center 19 is registered now. When trying to register Media Center 18 there is a message saying that there is a problem communicating with the license server. I finally reinstalled Media Center 18. After this Media Center 18 even won't run (Message: Cant' be opened because it is from an unidentified developer).
Try the latest build at the top of the board (currently 62).  We've fixed a problem with the way we were signing the app which should get rid of the "unidentified developer" message.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

sebassie

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2013, 02:30:06 pm »

Try the latest build at the top of the board (currently 62).  We've fixed a problem with the way we were signing the app which should get rid of the "unidentified developer" message.
Thanks for the reply. I solved the problem running the previous version by opening the program using control-click. Version 62 runs okay. With media center 18 I have still the problem that I cannot register and I am running out of restores. Please have a look at http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84692.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up