INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video not playing (mac/win virtual machine)  (Read 1528 times)

taschi71

• Recent member
Video not playing (mac/win virtual machine)
« on: October 23, 2013, 12:53:04 pm »

Hi,

maybe someone can help - I have a little problem playing video running MC on mac/windows. (the video files are on the mac partition)
Images display fine but if I click next and jump to a video it says "Failed to load image: ...path/filename.mp4".
The video plays fine though if I click on the play button (see red arrow in my image)

any ideas?
thx

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video not playing (mac/win virtual machine)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 02:31:42 pm »

Video plays fine in my Parallels Desktop installs (I use it regularly).

What version of Parallels do you have?
What settings are set under Options > Hardware > Video in Parallels?
What settings are you using in MC under Tools > Options > Video?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 02:33:51 pm »

Also, I should note:  I have seen (but not recreated recently) instability when playing a playlist of mixed Images and Video with MC in the past.  This has nothing to do with running in a VM (I wasn't in this particular case), and again, when I saw this, it was months ago with MC18, and I haven't tried it since.  But, I have seen weirdness with mixed playback of images and video.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

taschi71

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 01:48:57 pm »

Video plays fine in my Parallels Desktop installs (I use it regularly).

What version of Parallels do you have?
What settings are set under Options > Hardware > Video in Parallels?
What settings are you using in MC under Tools > Options > Video?

Hi,
thanks for your reply.
Looks like the problem is not related to Parallels 9, in Vmware Fusion 6 the same happens.
I have maxed the settings in Parallels (Options > Hardware > Video) and have tried all different settings in MC (Tools > Options > Video)

The funny thing is that if I first play the video in "standard view" and then switch to "display view" while playing the video it continues playing just fine.

taschi71

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 01:53:27 pm »

Also, I should note:  I have seen (but not recreated recently) instability when playing a playlist of mixed Images and Video with MC in the past.  This has nothing to do with running in a VM (I wasn't in this particular case), and again, when I saw this, it was months ago with MC18, and I haven't tried it since.  But, I have seen weirdness with mixed playback of images and video.

hm maybe that's the issue (I have MC19 installed) ... once I get the video playing switching from "standard view" to "display view" the next video also plays ... but it doesn't play if there is another jpg image in between the 2 videos.

On my "work" computer where I actually do the presentations I use media center 17, no issues on that machine.

taschi71

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 02:45:17 pm »

wohoo great, I've installed MC 17 and it works just fine .. any idea if this is a well known issue and might get fixed so I can use the latest version?
thanks again for your help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up