INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: custom library field won't sort in smartlist - bug???  (Read 1399 times)

broncodan

• World Citizen
custom library field won't sort in smartlist - bug???
« on: October 23, 2013, 06:08:46 pm »

Hi,

I have several custom fields that I created that contain a dash (e.g.  Original Year - Track; Chart Rank - Annual; etc).  These fields sort fine when you are in the library BUT when you try to use them as a sort criteria in a smartlist (via the smartlist wizard) - it doesn't work.  I have tried this with both the dash and without and without the dash it works.  I tried a new field with a colon in it (e.g. Original Year: Track) and this also works.  So the "dash" is certainly the issue.  I tried to change the display name and this didn't work - I guess you need to change the original name but you don't seem to be able to do this.  I see that there are standard fields that have the dash (which also don't sort in a smartlist).

So my questions are this:

1 - Can the initial name be changed?
2 - is there a way to add an expression to this to get it to work?
3 - Can this be fixed?

I know that I can copy the data to a newly created field as a work around but the problem this causes is that I do have several playlists/smartlists (100+) that are based off these fields and really wouldn't want to have to go back and have to recreate these (or if there is a way to update multiple smartlist easily I would consider that too).

Please let me know.

Thanks.

rhowland

• Recent member
Re: custom library field won't sort in smartlist - bug???
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 07:07:49 pm »

Did you ever get a good reply to this? If you did, or did not, maybe you can help me. I spent hours and hours with a custom field of Chart Peak. I'd use P16 for Pop charts number 16, I'd use C04 for Country # 4. Sometimes, that field would have several, P01 and C01, UK, soul, etc. I've always stored my fields internally. Somewhere along the line in an upgrade I've lost all those chart fields. Are they actually still imbedded in the files? Or were they never imbedded though the other tags were. Any suggestions? I'm guessing I'm SOL. If I was to take the time to do this again, would it be stored in the file? Format is predominately mp3.
Pages: [1]   Go Up