INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trial Version Reset  (Read 6201 times)

Jumpsturdy

• Junior Woodchuck
Trial Version Reset
« on: October 25, 2013, 05:51:05 pm »

Hi... Last night I downloaded MC 190060 for a trial and let it run overnight to import about 10k albums which were all fully tagged and that seemed to go well with only one file error. However, when I later tried to relaunch MC after a computer restart, it stated the trail period had expired and when I tried to extend, the extend code failed to work with the suggestion that there was a problem and I should try again; which I did, several times to no avail. Any suggestions will be welcomed as I think it may well be time to switch from iTunes and MC looked like it would meet my needs but really need to be able to use it for a few days before I buy it.

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
  • "Science is not a democracy"-Earl Geddes, Ph.D.
Re: Trial Version Reset
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 06:06:23 pm »

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Jumpsturdy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 06:19:39 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion. I D/Led the new version. It allowed me to extend the trial. I got the emailed extension code, entered it and was told the trial had been extended, and then MC closed and on restart said trial expired with no option to extend.

Jumpsturdy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 07:34:12 pm »

Have reinstalled and gotten back to be able to enter the trial extension code with the result that it tells me the trial has been extended and then immediately quits before I can exit the dialog box by hitting "Done". Upon restarting it tells me the trial has expired. Any other suggestions?

Jumpsturdy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 12:21:32 pm »

Have tried everything I can think of; removing the app/application support folder/Documents folder/preferences files and cache folder and then reinstalling. Each time I am able to get to the startup screen and then extend the trial but as soon as that happens MC quits itself and upon restart shows that trial has expired. Again this was originally downloaded just a couple of days ago and I was only able to run it for a fews hours before this behavior manifested. Can only assume that some sort of invisible lock file has been triggered preventing me from running MC. Also assume that this was probably triggered by some action I inadvertently took. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. BTW, am running Mavericks, which for me has worked very well without issue so far.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 03:19:46 pm »

Is your system date correct?

Jumpsturdy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 04:10:46 pm »

Yes, the date is correct as is time. Thanks for responding with a suggestion. No major changes to system since the original download a couple nights ago.
Pages: [1]   Go Up